FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Unbelievable end to Ferrari's race. Am I bitter? Ab-so-freaking-lute-ly!!

But, the thing that annoys me the most?? These stupid British announcers!!!!!!!!!
TOTALLY subjective and COMPLETELY biased!!

Had that been Hamilton on pole, getting into that horrible carnage, they would have insisted that the
race ""should"" have been started behind the Safety Car. Because it was Vettel/Kimi/Ferrari, their
attitude is, "oh, but this is Formula 1 racing" insinuating that a professional driver who knew what
he was doing, would never have found himself in that predicament!

Conclusion? ANYTHING that benefits Hamilton, is OK to happen!
And, this was DEFINITELY and DEFINITIVELY a gift to Hamilton.
Might even be the turning point of the Driver's Championship.

And, all we will hear is about how he worked oh-so-freaking hard to win it!!
Uh-huh... Right!!

Again, yes, I am ab-so-freaking-lute-ly bitter...
I guess this is how all those Schumi/Ferrari-critics/haters feel!

The difference? I recognize the fact that I, too,, am subjective!!

Just watch it on NBCSN! You can even stream it from their website.
By sagi58
Unbelievable end to Ferrari's race. Am I bitter? Ab-so-freaking-lute-ly!!

But, the thing that annoys me the most?? These stupid British announcers!!!!!!!!!
TOTALLY subjective and COMPLETELY biased!!...

Just watch it on NBCSN! You can even stream it from their website.

I have been watching on TSN; but, am pretty tempted to tell that Canadian TV Sports station to take a hike!!
By sagi58
You are absolutely correct. The Brit announcers made fools of themselves today with their bias. Brundle and co calling penalty points for Vettel was humiliating for them, pure hate towards Sebastian. And all in support of the German team...

Did you hear his comments, after Sebastian spoke, just after he got to the paddock?
Vettel basically said he didn't know what happened, as he hadn't seen the replays.
Obviously, as both he and his teammate were involved, he didn't want to say much.

Brundle's take on it? That Vettel was afraid of incriminating himself, as he knew was
on his way to speak to the race stewards.

Why is it that it's only Hamilton that is innocent until proven "guilty"??
Actually, even when he is at fault, there is any number of excuses offered,
not only by his devoted fans; but, also from the British announcers!!
By overboost
Brundle really embarrased himself. He was exposed as a paid mouthpiece today.

edit: And the FIA let Verstappen off for squeezing and hitting Kimi.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-take-n ... -kimi-max/

How many of these incidents does it take before they tackle Verstappen. It is well known that he will not let another car pass without risk of a collision.
Last edited by overboost on 17 Sep 17, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
"I'm happy that the 3 of us retired...so it's not only me" - Verstappen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnVRPTItM_E

From what he said Verstappen was counting on Vettel backing down due to his championship position and allowing him to bully his way to the lead.
By sagi58
Brundle really embarrased himself. He was exposed as a paid mouthpiece today.

edit: And the FIA let Verstappen off.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/fia-take-n ... imi-max/...

Just lovely... so, Verstappen tries to become a needle and thread his way through the Ferrari fabric that is Raikkonnen and Vettel and he's basically patted on the back for giving it the old college try! Just freaking lovely!
By myownalias
I think, after watching multiple replays that it was a combination of things, Vettel moved very aggressively left towards Verstappen, which caused Verstappen to 'jink' left and contacted Raikkonen. I would say it was a racing incident. I believe it was a bad judgment on the part of Vettel, title rival Hamilton was well behind, the move was unnecessary and, I believe that Vettel has cost himself the drivers title after this DNF following losing out to Hamilton in Spa and Monza. The innocent party here was Raikkonen, he was on the outside, a victim of circumstance.

The whole incident was a sorry affair, where could Alonso have finished, could he have claimed a podium without being clouted by Verstappen/Raikkonen.

Other than that, not much else to talk about, Hamilton got incredibly lucky, qualifying further back saved him from the first lap carnage.
By Big Azza
I will say that today's race has now lowered my opinion of Vettel being the best driver on the grid. I do agree that Verstappen should share a larger portion of the blame - most of it in fact. But Vettel did not need to squeeze Verstappen. He made a poor decision. Decision-making and risk mitigation are some of the most important qualities a driver needs. E.g. Alonso made a very poor one after a year of complaining at his team.... (sound familiar?) Ferrari, before moving to an unknown in Honda. Vettel made a poor decision in last night's race. Hamilton is just immature, but seems to make the right decisions - he sucks at thinking about the overall race picture and sometimes his desire to beat the guy in front of him can stuff up his race.

It was still an exciting race even though I was disgusted that Hamilton was able to just drive away with the win. Kudos to Sainz and Vandoorne. Palmer? Didn't the Renault team stuff up and cost him a podium today, or was that Hulkenberg they stuffed the pit call behind the safety car. Regardless, Palmer had a good race, his chance in F1 has sailed now and it would take a consistent run of high points scoring positions to keep him in F1.
By myownalias
I will say that today's race has now lowered my opinion of Vettel being the best driver on the grid. I do agree that Verstappen should share a larger portion of the blame - most of it in fact.

I would say that Vettel should take the lion's share of the blame, in my opinion, if Verstappen had remained straight (and not jinked left, reacting to Vettel) alongside Raikkonen, Vettel would have clipped the front of Verstappen, probably, with a similar result. Verstappen couldn't just disappear, he was already in the Ferrari sandwich! The track was plenty wide enough, Vettel caused the whole incident by aggressively trying to cut Verstappen and Raikkonen off in the run down to turn 1.
By Hamezi
Last but one picture, to my mind, confirms what I thought at the time - Vettel defends line by shoving Verstappen, who in turn hits Raikkonen. Vettel's fault and he should have been penalized. Verstappen kept to his line from the off. Vettel's arrogance and poor sportsmanship again.
By sagi58
... Vettel's arrogance and poor sportsmanship again.

If anyone was arrogant, you'd have to give Verstappen that particular title.
Not only did he decide he wasn't going to let Kimi past him, Verstappen also
figured he'd get ahead of Vettel at the same time.

As for poor sportsmanship, again, Verstappen gets the popular vote, as he
seems to find someone else to blame for anything he's ever involved in.

Ah, yes, did I mention how subjective we ALL are?
By overboost
Poor Gina

Last edited by overboost on 19 Sep 17, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
By sagi58
Thanks to MOA for posting this video on his blog:

https://youtu.be/Pi-qitmfvlI

I snipped the following seven pictures. They occurred within ONE second.
"Long" before Vettel starts moving to the left, to cover off Verstappen, Verstappen was already moving towards Kimi!

First shot...
1 - first shot.JPG

Second shot...
2 - second shot.JPG

Third shot...
3 - third shot.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

See our F1 related articles too!