FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By rob91
Just my opinion.....we can save lives or we can go back to the old days of losing a life or two every grand prix.Perhaps Senna would have survived his blg one with a halo.....we just dont know.For me,lives come first and cars are only going to get quicker.

To suggest that we will see at least one driver getting killed at every race if F1 cars don't have the halo fitted is stupid. F1 went over 20 years without a driver death after Senna and the cars didn't have the halo fitted in that time so there is no reason at all to think that the mortality rate will go back to the levels seen during the 50's, 60's or 70's if they don't have the halo fitted from the now on.
By myownalias
Just my opinion.....we can save lives or we can go back to the old days of losing a life or two every grand prix.Perhaps Senna would have survived his blg one with a halo.....we just dont know.For me,lives come first and cars are only going to get quicker.

I'm all for safety, but where does it stop? F1, like all motorsports, is inherently dangerous, it eventually gets to a point where the health and safety man dumbs down F1 so much that it is no longer F1, time to pack up the circus in its box and call it a day.
By sagi58
...safety and lives first.

Very definitely safety first!!

Having said that, we can only predict the "danger" in any situation to an extent.
Freak accidents will always be a part of life, just ask Schumi!
By darwin dali
...safety and lives first.

Very definitely safety first!!

Having said that, we can only predict the "danger" in any situation to an extent.

Schumi's response: :abduct:
By myownalias

That is the issue many F1 fans are having, the FIA seem to have kneejerk reactions to events like Bianchi's tragic death, the halo is seen as one of these kneejerk reactions, F1's safety record since Senna's death 24 years ago has been excellent, the only detraction was the freak incident which caused Bianchi's untimely death.
By overboost
Just keep the big lorries off the track when the cars are not behind the safety car. FIA/Bernies fault.
By sagi58
Flip-flop company to sponsor halo:

Hopefully, that halo won't manifest the name of that particular footwear!! :yes:

By overboost
New safety car:

By Martin77
I’m all for increased safety measures but where we draw the line is the thing. I saw the Halo “in the flesh” for the first time at Silverstone and it definitely does disrupt the view of who’s driving the car, we were up in Stowe and it’s at just the wrong angle to get a glimpse of whoever. It’s here to stay or at least until a driver gets trapped inside a car by one - God forbid - then perhaps they may revisit the idea but for now.....

See our F1 related articles too!