FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Last edited by overboost on 06 Jul 17, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
Vettel upgrades for Austria:

By myownalias
Hmm, I do question the aerodynamic benefits of these upgrades...
By overboost

Last edited by overboost on 08 Jul 17, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
HAMILTON GETS GRID PENALTY FOR ENGINE CHANGE

Formula 1 title contender Lewis Hamilton will have a five-place grid penalty for Sunday’s Austrian Grand Prix after his car required an unscheduled gearbox change, Mercedes said on Friday.

The drop means he cannot equal Michael Schumacher’s all-time pole position record of 68 at his home British Grand Prix next week. Hamilton is currently on 66 and had been favourite to take the top slot in Austria.

Although he topped both practice sessions on the first day at red Bull Ring, in FP2 Hamilton told his engineer over the radio: “I still have the issues with power. Something doesn’t feel right.”

A Mercedes team spokesman said the gearbox problem resulted from the previous race in Azerbaijan.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2017/07/07/ ... n-austria/
By overboost
This could be a real opportunity for Bottas.

A win for Bot and a fifth place for Ham will have Bottas only 13 points behind him in the wdc at the mid way point in the season.

He has the fastest car and will be motivated.

I wonder if he will listen to Hamilton's orders from the cockpit (as we heard in Baku) to come back to help him and to swap spots?! I think he will be having hearing problems!
By overboost
By overboost
Interesting session. Bottas on pole shows that he is very motivated to 'make hay while the sun is shining' with his teammate in penalty trouble. Hamilton folded a bit under pressure with two mistakes on his last attempt but got lucky with the yellow flag as both Raikkonen and Ricciardo were on very fast laps and likely would have pushed Hamilton down even further.

If Bottas were to win and Hamilton finish 8th then Bottas would only be 7 points behind Hamilton. Getting through the first lap safely will be key for Hamilton.

Vettel needs a good start to take the win, if he gets ahead he will be very hard to beat.
By sagi58
This could be a real opportunity for Bottas.

ImageA win for Bot and a close enough for a Imagefifth place for Ham will have Bottas only close enough for a Image13 points behind him in the wdc at the mid way point in the season...

From whence did you get your crystal ball?

By sagi58
HAMILTON GETS GRID PENALTY FOR ENGINE CHANGE

...A Mercedes team spokesman said the gearbox problem resulted from the previous race in Azerbaijan.[/i]

And, of course, that must also be Vettel/Ferrari's fault, no?? :rolleyes:
By andrew
And the British media goes overboard with Vettel's radio communications yet again. You'd think he was the only one that got angry over the radio. I mean, Alonso, Hamilton, or Raikonnen to name a few are dicks to the guys trying to help them and it's laughed at. Vettel does the same and he's the worst thing ever. What I will concede is that Vetel needs to change his mind-set. He seems to be getting caught up in too much BS which is bound to detract from the job on-track.

Whilst 3rd for Ricciardo is good, I wish he'd ditch the champagne filled shoe gimmick. s***'s getting old. Fair enough for a win but not for a 2nd or 3rd.

Nice to see Bottas doing his job well and taking points of Vettel and Raikonnen holding up Hamilton.....oh wait, that joke only works when a Ferrari is in front. Sorry, I tried to be consistent. I'll never get a job writing for the BBC.

Having said that, nice result.
By sagi58
... What I will concede is that Vetel needs to change his mind-set. He seems to be getting caught up in too much BS which is bound to detract from the job on-track...

Was thinking the same thing... and, I'll go so far as saying Hamilton's refusal to shake hands after Qualifying yesterday is his own contribution to the BS games!!
By overboost

See our F1 related articles too!