FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
Don't go getting too excited Jeffo, it's only practice, we don't know the true speed of the cars until Quali, I doubt Renault's gains are that significant to overhaul Mercedes power advantage.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It ain't practice no more! He got the damn pole! YOU BEAUTY! I told you, he gonna win this race! Merc f***** up Hamilton again but I reckon Danni had this anyways. So long as Blondie don't go all airhead at the start, this one is in the bag!

RICCIARDO IS LEGEND!!!!!!!!

The guy that said there ain't no hate on Hamilton. .. Hahaha, don't need to say it mate, the stench is mighty powerful!

The conspiracy theorists are back?!

Lewis did have an issue but Nico had the same problem as well in Q3. Nico just put in a better time and put his car on the first row.

I would say that the cars might have been more reliable today if Lewis hadn't taken out the two Merc's in Spain requiring the team to check or replace more than 1200 parts. http://www.racer.com/f1/item/129692-mer ... pain-crash

As far a Ricciardo goes I agree that he was the best driver today.
By gdh
Another RB screw up hands the win to Hamilton. Riccardo must feel snake bitten. Vettel is getting impatient over the team's lack of progress and falling behind RB. Congrats to Alonso on his 5th place finish.
Last edited by gdh on 29 May 16, 15:01, edited 2 times in total.
By cheekybru
3 pages? Whats happened to this forum??
By Bladesman

Gone rather quiet around here.

As for the race great drive by Lewis and it seems like it was more his decision to stay out on the wet tyres. That said the shambles at Red Bull gave Lewis the win.
By overboost
Another RB screw up hands the win to Hamilton. Riccardo must feel snake bitten. Vettel is getting impatient over the team's lack of progress and falling behind RB. Congrats to Alonso on his 5th place finish.

Yes, two races in a row victories snatched away by the RB pit wall, Ricciardo must be so frustrated.

Hamilton did well to win in the wet, so full credit to him. It's not like he benefited from a team order, a huge pit stop error, and getting away with cutting the chicane and throwing an illegal block. Oh wait.
By darwin dali
So, cutting the chicane while defending from your faster opponent is now legal? :eek: Utter bull$hit...
By Bladesman

Yes, two races in a row victories snatched away by the RB pit wall, Ricciardo must be so frustrated.

Hamilton did well to win in the wet, so full credit to him. It's not like he benefited from a team order, a huge pit stop error, and getting away with cutting the chicane and throwing an illegal block. Oh wait.

Or he could give the place and then overtake later but still be punished for it like he was against Kimi in Belgium all those years ago. The way the FIA go about deciding these things has always been inconsistent.

Lewis would have got ahead of Nico based on his strategy anyway so letting Lewis past is largely irrelevant.

The fact is it was a complete mess up by Red Bull and they are only reason Danny didn't win today. As he lost 13 seconds regardless of everything else that went on.
By Jeffo
BLOODY BUGGER F***!!
Goddamnit!! that was Danni's race! Specially after Goldilocks tiptoed round the track and held up Hamilton . I was pissin myself at that! hahahaha
He was f***** by his team . :banghead:

What's with all the conspiracy talk @Overboost? That's bloody stupid talk! You reckon Merc screws Hamilton on purpose? So you reckon Red Bull is another conspiracy and screwed Danni on purpose. You crazy man! Teams don't screw their drivers deliberately.

Kimi. Damn nutcase! Lol
By chrisbee
Well just watched the race and yet again hamilton wins by default when is this spoilt little bratt going to be brought to book.
Every other driver that crossed the bend after the tunnel was made to give up the position but oh no not hamilton and to block daniel when he tried to overtake were the stewards watching another race or do they always turn a blind eye to golden boy.This is what i think of hamiltons win :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:
By myownalias

Why comment of how few pages this thread has? contribute to the discussion instead. Be a leader, not a follower, don't post because others do, be the person starting the conversation.

So, cutting the chicane while defending from your faster opponent is now legal? :eek: Utter bull$hit...

It's not the cutting of the chicane that was the issue for me, it was the moving over on Ricciardo when the Australian had a wheel alongside after the chicane which would have ended in tears for both drivers if Ricciardo did not lift (and given Perez the win). But ultimately it was the HUGE Red Bull f*** up that lost the race for Ricciardo.

What has become apparent is that Red Bull will be the challengers to Mercedes going forward, Ferrari are looking like relative also-rans at this point. I hope to see them compete on the faster circuits as well, especially with Canada coming up next...
By sagi58
Isn't it ironic that so a driver who insisted he didn't want team orders had no problem accepting them today?
It was a HUGE point of discussion / contention when it was Ferrari asking Massa / Kimi / Barrichello to move
over and yet, today, when Hamilton is the beneficiary, it's all suddenly rationalized that eventually it would
have happened anyway. Wouldn't Schumi have passed Barrichello "eventually"? Wouldn't Alonso have done
the same with Massa? Or Vettel with Kimi?

Other than the fact that it's Ferrari (who has always been honest about their philosophy), what's the difference?
By sagi58
The guy that said there ain't no hate on Hamilton. .. Hahaha, don't need to say it mate, the stench is mighty powerful!

Oh, there's a stench, alright; but, it's not coming from non-Hamilton fans!

Rather, it's about how ridiculously blatantly his fans seem to believe that Hamilton won this race solely
on talent... not that it was a combination of team orders, a messy pit stop, getting away with cutting a
chicane or by illegally blocking his closest opponent...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, NO one wins by themselves... the performance from the car, the team,
the driver can often be predicted; BUT, there is that small element of luck that makes each race unpredictable.

Today, Hamilton had Lady Luck shining on him full force.
By myownalias
Isn't it ironic that so a driver who insisted he didn't want team orders had no problem accepting them today?
It was a HUGE point of discussion / contention when it was Ferrari asking Massa / Kimi / Barrichello to move
over and yet, today, when Hamilton is the beneficiary, it's all suddenly rationalized that eventually it would
have happened anyway. Wouldn't Schumi have passed Barrichello "eventually"? Wouldn't Alonso have done
the same with Massa? Or Vettel with Kimi?

Back when Ferrari were accused of using team orders, they were illegal in F1, now that is not the case, team orders are completely legal. And in this case, it made sense given how much Hamilton was being held up by Rosberg, if Hamilton was forced to hold station for just another two laps, he would never have been able to take advantage of Red Bull's mistake. if both Nercedes cars were performing equally I would have been annoyed, but in this case, I would have made the same decision as team principle.

Lady luck was definitely with Hamilton today, although I would have preferred to have Ricciardo win, I don't begrudge Hamilton victory.
By sagi58
...Back when Ferrari were accused of using team orders, they were illegal in F1, now that is not the case, team orders are completely legal...

Team orders weren't illegal for ALL the times Ferrari was belittled for its philosophy.
And, at the risk of stirring the pot, just because something is illegal "overtly" doesn't
mean it's not happening covertly.

See our F1 related articles too!