FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By CigarGuy
It almost sounds like you are implying that drivers obey the speed LIMITS there.
Everybody just speeds here.
By Hammer278
You'd need to be an IDIOT to adhere to speed limits on highways here....3-4 lane highways with limits of 90/110kmh which is a joke. I've tried going at those speeds and my eyelids immediately feel heavier.
By stonemonkey
Get an automatic :wink:

They're too complicated.

It almost sounds like you are implying that drivers obey the speed LIMITS there.
Everybody just speeds here.

For town driving pretty much everyone here does, country roads and motorways are a different matter.

You'd need to be an IDIOT to adhere to speed limits on highways here....3-4 lane highways with limits of 90/110kmh which is a joke. I've tried going at those speeds and my eyelids immediately feel heavier.

We dont have anything more than 2 lanes here and some drivers think they're being safe by driving 20mph below the limit.
By myownalias
The thing I do have a problem with is the people who have no idea how to cross a road safely which is the root of the problem and isnt being addressed but will be made worse by these changes. there may be a small reduction in injuries due to this but there is going to be an increase in instances of drivers having to brake for stupid pedestrians.

Here in Kansas, I can speak for other states, pedestrians have the right of way on the PAVEMENT (roads are called pavement here), so if they step out in front of you and you hit them, it's your fault, same as if a pedestrian walks behind you when reversing out of a parking space, it happens a lot. it's a serious issue in my view. If a pedestrian has no damn road sense, then it's their own damn fault that they got run over for being a dumbass.
By stonemonkey
The thing I do have a problem with is the people who have no idea how to cross a road safely which is the root of the problem and isnt being addressed but will be made worse by these changes. there may be a small reduction in injuries due to this but there is going to be an increase in instances of drivers having to brake for stupid pedestrians.

Here in Kansas, I can speak for other states, pedestrians have the right of way on the PAVEMENT (roads are called pavement here), so if they step out in front of you and you hit them, it's your fault, same as if a pedestrian walks behind you when reversing out of a parking space, it happens a lot. it's a serious issue in my view. If a pedestrian has no damn road sense, then it's their own damn fault that they got run over for being a dumbass.

Yep, a driver pulling out into moving traffic and causing it to stop or take avoiding action would be considered dangerous driving, I don't know why the same doesn't apply to pedestrians.
By Hammer278
I saw that earlier on my fb feed and was fascinated by the photoshop skills by Calkin Klein there, except they missed her face. Its weird seeing a girls face on a guys body.
By stonemonkey
The site that posted it has taken it off under threat from Beeber's people who are claiming it's been photoshopped the other way around.
The official image shows his back to be like the american werewolf in london so not sure if i'm buying that.
By Hammer278
They're just pissed that Calvin Klein enhanced his 'package' by that much, showing he's actually all cameltoe down there....simply because he's a chick. Worst kept secret ever.

See our F1 related articles too!