FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

What has changed with Stewards vs RBR?

Peter Ps arrival at Mclaren and Ron has 'let the cat out the bag' maybe while looking for approval for their own wing
20%
Peter Ps arrival at Mclaren and Ron has tactically 'let the cat out the bag'
60%
The Stewards suddenly wised up on their own
No votes
0%
Horner crossed the line with his freeze moaning and is getting some payback
No votes
0%
Someone wants Alonso to beat Vettel in the WDC
No votes
0%
Everyone hates RBR and they being picked on
No votes
0%
Newey who is leaving, suddenly got a guilty conscience and fessed up to the stewards
No votes
0%
Someone else at RBR has fessed up to the stewards
20%
For four years the other teams and the media and any observant F1 follower has seen the Red bull front wings flex beyond any of the others allowing them to run a serious amount of rake for an aero advantage. For four years RBR have passed the tests applied when the car is stationary, and for four years we have seen videos and pictures of the excess flexing at speed.

finally the Stewards have caught them. So whats changed a the last race of the season?

The only thing I can think of is Peter P, formally Neweys right hand man arriving at Mclaren and transferring the wing tech knowledge, and lo and behold, the Stewards finally seem to have worked out the trick

I just wanted to have the other opinions on this before the last race. Yes we dont have much info, but what is the gut feeling about this?

edit:poll reset for RC
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 23 Nov 14, 10:32, edited 2 times in total.
I saw a slow motion shot of it whilst quali was on. The end plate was almost dragging on the ground.

I think it is just a case of they have overstepped the mark this time out. To say they have been cheating for the last 4 years is a bit harsh. They passed scrutineering and not one sees a problem then they are legal.
I didnt say theyve been cheating with the flexible wings for 4 years, I said they passed the scrutineering for 4 years, and in those 4 years we have all seen the same flexing wing at speed almost dragging on the ground.

I just wanna know what others think is the reason they have been caught after 60 or so scrutineering opportunities

you say they just overstepped this weekend, but I dont see the evidence for anything we havent seen before, we cant measure the flex from the videos, so its hard to accept that this time they just happen to flex a bit nmore
horner is moaning because Red Bull have been 'singled out' for a test , but in fact they havent, four teams had their wings tested.
Why the punishment now I don't know, I'd suggest that either they've pissed someone off big time, or they've made the wing bendier than ever.
I know it is not a calibrated device. However when I saw the slow motion my 1st thought was it had broken, then I thought nope it is just riding very low. If I noticed it I am sure the team members who job to look at the detail of each car would of been on it like a tramp on chips
Put an asterisk next to their run of championships shall we? :rolleyes:

Thinking a bit more on this, it would be surprised if they don't get disqualified from the year's WCC. Maybe the back marker teams will be happy about that. I can't imagine their leaving it at that. Apparently the stewards can ONLY disqualify them from the qualifying event no more. But they can also refer the matter of the device to the FiA. I'd have to imagine the back marker teams will file a formal complaint.
So why only put to the back of the grid? That's a deliberate attemt to deceive. Why no further penalties?
Re the RBR wing flaps, I'm told the FIA discovered a leaf spring arrangement encased in a rubber shroud" ouch!

from the Scarbs link - thats the smoking gun thats allowed them to pass scrutineering - if true, then it has been plain old fashioned cheating for the past few years

And now I am even more convinced this was Ron despatching Red Bull as a competitor next year and acting on behalf of Honda who are steaming over Horner basically labeling them as money spending sheep who need to be led

If we continue along this line of causation, then next thing to explain would be MnM over at Ferrari getting canned for signing up the weakest WDC on the grid and sacking the best available

But for sure, there is no way in my mind the stewards suddenly got wise and caught them, we have seen the same video of the same flexing over and over for years, Peter P turns up at McLaren, reproduces the RBR wing, Ron makes a tactical decision of use the illegal wing and gain or grass up RBR and weaken next years main competitor

maybe I am reading too much into it, but thats the whole idea of the poll questions
Put an asterisk next to their run of championships shall we? :rolleyes:

Thinking a bit more on this, it would be surprised if they don't get disqualified from the year's WCC. Maybe the back marker teams will be happy about that. I can't imagine their leaving it at that. Apparently the stewards can ONLY disqualify them from the qualifying event no more. But they can also refer the matter of the device to the FiA. I'd have to imagine the back marker teams will file a formal complaint.

Thanks for that info. For some reason my question came after your answer. My iPad is going really slow since last upgrade.
:yikes: My finger just clicked the wrong option by mistake, meant to click the one above. SORRY. Can it get changed. It's my silly ipad.
Wow, now Vettel has won WDCs with not only a blown diffuser, but with magic front wings as well. :hehe:
Hi

2 is not enough, no! Uh oh - more horny than chri[…]

See our F1 related articles too!