FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...

Private Lounges for engine manufacturers?

Yes
31%
No
62%
Other (Please state fully in your comment)
8%
By sagi58
What you might be missing, RyRy, is the constant and consistent denigrating, insulting, patronizing, condescending bickering that ensues when everyone doesn't fall all over themselves to applaud and laud all things Hamilton! That's what puts fans off!!

There are immature idiots and everywhere in life, you just have to ignore them otherwise they win.

Believe me, I try!! Every day, I try!! But, then I have to read their snide comments (whilst they pat themselves on the back) about how right they are and how their perfectly sound and acceptable points of view have somehow forced some fans to run away with their tails between their legs to the "mea culpa safehouse" to lick their wounds, instead of getting involved in ridiculous to and fro comments that do nothing to
...help promote openness and respectful debate. I think it just causes more resentment, and distrust of one-another...
By sagi58
You are totally missing the point Spanks. We have no issue with you congregating.

In fact there is an amazing place for it right HERE

The fact you are tyring to compare yourselves in the private lounge, to the students in Hong Kong. Well that's the last sliver of respect I had, gone.

LRW, have you read the comments in that thread? Have you seen the "support" Ferrari get, in that thread?
In spite of my reminders that it's a support thread, it has become yet another place where anything Ferrari
is ripped apart. Yes, they are in a terrible phase of not being successful. But, why does anyone have the
right to kick them when they're down? If you can't say something supportive or at the very least constructive,
why post there?

By the way, your own analogy to Hong Kong is completely disrespectful to the administrators of the Forum!!
I have never seen any of them get involved in the shenanigans that are part of some members comments.
Those members have free reign to take apart anything they don't agree on. I'm betting the people in Hong
Kong would like that sort of freedom of speech.

I'm sorry to have called you out on that; but, spanky's analogies about everyday happenings is more apropos!
By sagi58
... DEBATE OR DUISCUSSIONS DO NOT WORK WELL when participants are allowed to chicken out and run to the safety of a locked space BEFORE returning to the open space to continue OPEN debate yet refer to events in the locked space as corroboration or proof or audience vote or credibility by agreement...

Debate and discussions ONLY work where RESPECT is the fundamental premise.
Denigrating, condescending, patronizing, belittling, snide comments are not respectful.
If you are unable to put across your point of view without using the above bullying tactics,
you have to ask yourself if you're actually inviting debate/discussion or just desperate to
be right all the time.

While we're at it, I believe the ONLY reason you don't like the Lounge is that you can't
participate in your normal manner. And, I feel safe in assuming that, based on your
participation in the Ferrari support thread, in the Alonso support thread, in the Kimi
support thread. H.E.L.L., I feel safe assuming that based on any comment you have
ever made, since I've been here, when it comes to anything Ferrari!
By LRW
You are totally missing the point Spanks. We have no issue with you congregating.

The fact you are tyring to compare yourselves in the private lounge, to the students in Hong Kong. Well that's the last sliver of respect I had, gone.

LRW, have you read the comments in that thread? Have you seen the "support" Ferrari get, in that thread?
In spite of my reminders that it's a support thread, it has become yet another place where anything Ferrari
is ripped apart. Yes, they are in a terrible phase of not being successful. But, why does anyone have the
right to kick them when they're down? If you can't say something supportive or at the very least constructive,
why post there?

By the way, your own analogy to Hong Kong is completely disrespectful to the administrators of the Forum!!
I have never seen any of them get involved in the shenanigans that are part of some members comments.
Those members have free reign to take apart anything they don't agree on. I'm betting the people in Hong

I'm sorry to have called you out on that; but, spanky's analogies about everyday happenings is more apropos!

Sagi. Try reading it again. It was not ME that made the Honk Kong analogy - it was Spanky. I was the one calling HIM out on it.
By LRW
So - are you guys saying, if ANY of us requested to join the private room we would be accepted? ANYONE can join?
By spankyham

why post there?

Sagi. Try reading it again. It was not ME that made the Honk Kong analogy - it was Spanky. I was the one calling HIM out on it.

LRW, you missed Sagi's point. She was saying that the place you suggested was not conducive to how she wants to congregate.

From my POV I don't believe people can be "dictated" to as to where and how they can congregate, that is indeed against the principle.

Lastly, I was not likening the lounge to Hong Kong, I was pointing out it was the same principle - which it is.
Might as well call it the Intelligent Design Lounge as there are no factual argument allowed. It would be disrespectful to question and present facts since nothing Ferrari ever does is wrong. How many ridiculing posts are there in the safehouse as to how Luca being so important and he'd never leave and how eveyone suggesting he's going to get sacked is wrong and delusional....

Meanwhile back in reality land, the door couldn't hit the guy in the bottom fast enough. So I guess it only works one way. It's only comments against Ferrari that are not allowed. But bad mouthing Lewis' girlfriend is.

It's all a game of charades and you can't "respect" someone that's got their head up their bottom and says it's pleasant in there. Then come out into the real world to take pot shots at how we're doing it wrong.
By spankyham
So - are you guys saying, if ANY of us requested to join the private room we would be accepted? ANYONE can join?

Yes.

It has been stated multiple times already.

Just respect each other and our way of posting in there and anyone is welcome.
By LRW

Yes.

So if everyone is welcome - why do you need to apply, and be given permission?
By spankyham
Might as well call it the Intelligent Design Lounge as there are no factual argument allowed. It would be disrespectful to question and present facts since nothing Ferrari ever does is wrong. How many ridiculing posts are there in the safehouse as to how Luca being so important and he'd never leave and how eveyone suggesting he's going to get sacked is wrong and delusional....

Meanwhile back in reality land, the door couldn't hit the guy in the bottom fast enough. So I guess it only works one way. It's only comments against Ferrari that are not allowed. But bad mouthing Lewis' girlfriend is.

It's all a game of charades and you can't "respect" someone that's got their head up their bottom and says it's pleasant in there. Then come out into the real world to take pot shots at how we're doing it wrong.

You are entitled to your opinion about the discussions in there. I would however beg to differ and point out that Ferrari decisions and people have been questioned. We just don't call people names like "Ignoranti" to make our points - and that's my opinion.

Anyone that wants to find out can come and check it out for themselves :yes:
By spankyham

Yes.

To ensure you understand the difference about how we post and discuss there :yes:
By sagi58

My apologies, LRW!! There were so many quotes imbedded within each other, that I goofed up!!
((p.s. I'd say "mea culpa"; but, even that has been used to death in a way to belittle...))
By LRW

Yes.

To ensure you understand the difference about how we post and discuss there :yes:

So the private room has different rules to the rest of the site?
By LRW

My apologies, LRW!! There were so many quotes imbedded within each other, that I goofed up!!
((p.s. I'd say "mea culpa"; but, even that has been used to death in a way to belittle...))

So, are you now going to tear a strip off Spanky, and let him know how disrespectful it is? Or is it Ok for him to sayt it?
By spankyham

Yes.

So the private room has different rules to the rest of the site?

Look, if you want join, ask, then have a look and make up your own mind. If not, don't bother.

See our F1 related articles too!