FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By RyRy
Couldn't find a topic anywhere :(

Did anyone see Pavey run for England in the 5000m women's?

It's definitely worth watching if you missed it. An amazing run from the 40 year old

Sent from my Nexus 4
By Jabberwocky
I watched the mixed doubles ping pong earlier. I got half way through the match before realising that it was mixed doubles. I thought that both the Singapore players where male. There excuse foe loosing was lame.

"We don't practice mixed doubles"
By RyRy
I watched the mixed doubles ping pong earlier. I got half way through the match before realising that it was mixed doubles. I thought that both the Singapore players where male. There excuse foe loosing was lame.

"We don't practice mixed doubles"

Jabs! "Loosing" >_<

Some of the female competitors in sports are scarily male-like. I'm surprised England got gold in the 4x400m mens and silver in 4x100m mens, they were also some incredibly impresive performances.

Tom Daily completely owned everyone in diving, on his last dive he could have just walked away and got a medal, instead he beat them by like 80 points, which was the same difference from 2nd down to 8th
By Frontrunner
I do keep a little eye it. Looks like England are going to get more Gold than Australia, I would consider that a failure for Australia, Generally Australia dominations the medal tally in the Comm games.
By zurich_allan
I've been to lots of the events, was at Gymnastics all around final on Wednesday, Athletics at Hampden on Friday, and the boxing finals last night. It has been brilliant all round - great crowds, and the atmosphere all round Glasgow has been really uplifting. Got loads of good photos too. :)
By RyRy
I've been to lots of the events, was at Gymnastics all around final on Wednesday, Athletics at Hampden on Friday, and the boxing finals last night. It has been brilliant all round - great crowds, and the atmosphere all round Glasgow has been really uplifting. Got loads of good photos too. :)

I think that's something unique about the UK in general, we're always amazing in terms of creating atmosphere for major sporting events.

You get a grasp of the atmosphere watching on TV but in person it's insane, even asking the competitors they all agree that the UK is spectacular for atmosphere.
By zurich_allan
Usain Bolt after Jamaica won the 4x100m semifinal

Lynsey Sharp winning the silver medal for Scotland in the 800m

Claudia Fragapanne winning Gold for England in the women's all round gymnastics final

Boxing middleweight - super heavyweight finals

Just a wee photo I took after leaving at the end of the boxing last night of BBC Scotland next to several of the Games venues

My friend Michael and me at Glasgow Green where there were loads of Commonwealth activities throughout the games

My son with Clyde - the Games mascot

My wife outside the Hydro - the venue for the Gymnastics, and later the boxing finals

Got loads more, but that's a quick summary of my Commonwealth Games experience! :) A great couple of weeks! :-)
By Jabberwocky
I did not realise there was so many countries in the commonwealth. (SWMBO informed me that China had won a gold medal. which caused a bit of an argument when I told her she must of got that wrong)
By RyRy
I did not realise there was so many countries in the commonwealth. (SWMBO informed me that China had won a gold medal. which caused a bit of an argument when I told her she must of got that wrong)

Haha, yeah there are a lot, we lost a country from the commonwealth last year.

It puts it into perspective how big the British Empire was/kinda still is.

I love the fact that the commonwealth games is so peaceful, loving and fun.

Sent from my Nexus 4

See our F1 related articles too!