FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
I'm a progressive thinker wanting discussion until you say anything I don't like - then I'm labeling you a conservative hater and declaring open season :hehe:
I'm a progressive thinker wanting discussion until you say anything I don't like - then I'm labeling you a conservative hater and declaring open season :hehe:

We knew that already, but thanks for pointing it out :hehe:
A progressive contribution to the thread would likely include ones real and serious opinion on the subject, maybe bring in new and interesting aspects.

A conservative contribution would likely dismiss the premise as 'too deep' or turn it into a joke, or derail the thread, all in all the conservative mindsets way of ensuring no further expansion or progress on the topic

I hope we will have some serious contributions beyond the political or joke aspect
To hope no one makes a joke about a thread here is to be delusional. But given enough time I think there's enough contribution, I have faith in our community. Hell the thread went unanswered for a long time before there was even a joke of a response.
My apologies for taking it into the political arena!!

We're in the midst of a provincial election that was completely unnecessary.
The coalition Liberal government tabled an "NDP-friendly" budget; but, the
leader of the party decided she wanted more, so the Premier called her bluff
by dissolving parliament and calling an election.

That was my mindset when I initially responded.
So... in this discussion, are we to view "Conservative" as being more "Traditional"?
Whilst the "Progressive" mindset is more "Contemporary" in its view?

And, being who I am, is there no room for middle ground between the two? :confused:

...thereby making the taxpayers pay millions for an unnecessary election :banghead:
In a time of drought a conservative mindset would want to save their water, use it sparingly, ration it. The progressive mindset may propose digging a well. Both can get you through those lean times which IMO is the evolutionary equivalent of hedging your bets to assure survival.

...thereby making the taxpayers pay millions for an unnecessary election :banghead:

Why not? :irked: The different political parties aren't paying for it!! :bs:
Maybe they should, eh? NOT in campaigning; but, in actual fees to run!!
In a time of drought a conservative mindset would want to save their water, use it sparingly, ration it. The progressive mindset may propose digging a well. Both can get you through those lean times which IMO is the evolutionary equivalent of hedging your bets to assure survival.

Good example!! Difference being in the former, you sit and wait and worry;
whereas, in the latter, you are actively looking for a solution (even if you're
worrying, you don't feel "useless" while you wait...)

See our F1 related articles too!