FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By What's Burning?
I got ENTP, it's a crock, this doesn't describe me in the slightest. :hehe:

People with the ENTP personality type are often called devil’s advocates—and for good reason. Forming around 3% of the population, ENTPs absolutely love to argue and do not really care that much what the argument is about, as long as it is fun. They may not actually support the idea they are arguing for, but they may decide to go against the prevailing opinion, seeing this as a mental exercise. ENTPs are very quick-witted and original, which gives them a great advantage in debates, academia, and politics. However, they also tend to do very well in many other areas that require a willingness to challenge the existing ideas and juggle multiple arguments.

ENTPOne of the reasons why ENTPs are able to hold their ground in nearly every debate is their impressive knowledge and ability to jump from one idea to another, making unorthodox connections in the process. They do this with amazing speed and without much effort; the onslaught of arguments coming from the ENTP may easily confuse their opponent. This can be both a good and a bad thing, depending on whom the ENTP is arguing with—they can easily shred their opponent’s arguments in a debate about politics, but cause immense stress in a romantic relationship if they try to do that to their partner.

As always, there is no trait that is universally positive. In this case, ENTPs need to be careful to keep that love of arguments in check as the actual process is often more important than the truth. People with this personality type know this very well, but they also need to understand that what they see as fun can be very hurtful to another person.

ENTP personalities tend to use their minds in a very specific way, and this is especially noticeable in the professional environment. They enjoy brainstorming and outlining all the options, but they do their best to stay away from actual implementation. Again, such a trait can be very valuable in certain situations, but it may cause tension in the workplace as the ENTP may be perceived as having fingers in many pies but unwilling to work hard to implement their ideas. ENTPs also tend to be nonconformists and love challenging existing rules and routines, which makes them irreplaceable where there is a need to rip up the existing models and come up with new, original plans.

It is also worth mentioning that ENTPs usually prefer dealing with complex ideas and difficult challenges rather than day-to-day concerns. They enjoy thinking big and are good at it. Although it may take a while for an ENTP to reach the position that would allow them to fully utilize such a trait, once they do, the flow of ideas will become unstoppable. However, the ENTP will still need to rely on other people to put them in place.

ENTPs are usually very direct and honest. They do not really care about being seen as sensitive or compassionate, so their honesty may be quite brutal sometimes. ENTPs say what they think and do not mince their words. Furthermore, they dislike people who try to beat around the bush, especially if they are about to ask the ENTP for a favour. Consequently, ENTPs tend to be respected, but not necessarily liked; many people not only tolerate being lied to, they actually hope for and need to hear a lie in certain situations. Society tends to put feelings, sensitivities, and comfort above the unpleasant truth, which is likely to frustrate many ENTPs.

In general, ENTP personalities are very rational and do not see much value in emotions or emotional arguments. Consequently, they are great when it comes to logical thinking, but they are likely to have difficulties in the emotional area. ENTPs’ confidence and keen sense of humor are usually very attractive, but they can easily (and often inadvertently) hurt an individual belonging to a different personality type. Feeling (F) types are especially vulnerable in such situations as they strongly dislike criticism and arguing, while ENTPs thrive on this.
By RyRy
I did four of these about 2-3 months ago and got ISTJ and INTP twice each but according to the percentages I was only fractionally introverted where as personally I think I'm extremely introverted.
By racechick
I got ENFP, it was pretty much me I have to say. When I was filling it in my answers were sometimes swinging from three thumbs up to three thumbs down.

ENFP Personality
"It doesn’t interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for – and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart’s longing. It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool – for love – for your dreams – for the adventure of being alive." -- Oriah Mountain Dreamer
Forming around 7% of the population, people with the ENFP personality type tend to be curious, idealistic, and often mystical. They seek meaning and are very interested in other people’s motives, seeing life as a big, complex puzzle where everything is connected. Not surprisingly, ENFPs tend to be very insightful and empathic individuals. This, plus their charm and social skills, often makes them very popular and influential.

On the other hand, this can also be a disadvantage as the ENFP is likely to worry about not being sufficiently original or spontaneous. If they are not careful, this personality trait can lower their self-esteem.

ENFP personalities are usually characterized by high levels of enthusiasm, especially when it comes to things that spark their imagination. In such cases, ENFPs can be very energetic and convincing; they are able to easily persuade other people to join their cause. Ironically, this trait can also turn against the ENFP, when they suddenly find themselves center stage, being seen as leaders and inspiring gurus by other people. ENFPs strive to be independent, so they do not always welcome such attention.

ENFP personalities are very emotional and sensitive, believing feelings are something everyone should take time to understand and express. However, this trait can also cause a lot of stress for them as ENFPs may often focus too much on other people’s motives and the possible meanings behind their actions. People with this personality type are sharp-eyed and intuitive, but they can make serious mistakes when they try to use their interpretation of other people’s emotions as a basis for their decisions.

ENFPs are also likely to have difficulties dealing with routine, administrative matters. They are more interested in freedom and inspiration than security and stability, and this attitude is usually clearly visible: an ENFP would rather try to come up with an interesting solution or an idea, no matter how difficult that is, than deal with simple yet boring tasks.

People with the ENFP personality type know how to relax, drawing on their imagination, enthusiasm, and people skills. For instance, they can be very serious and passionate about work during the day and then later let off steam at a wild party in a nightclub. This switch between the two modes can often be instantaneous, surprising even their closest friends.

Finally, ENFPs are non-conformists, following their own path and trusting their intuition. Their talents are numerous, but they all depend on the ENFP being given enough freedom. People with this personality type can quickly become impatient and dejected if they get stuck in a boring role where they are unable to freely express themselves. But when the ENFP finally finds their place in the world, their imagination, empathy, and courage are likely to produce incredible results.
By Jabberwocky
Sorry I did not get past where you said you where a swinger..

I find it interesting that it seems to work. i would much rather believe in this than a horoscope.
By racechick
:rofl::rofl:
By LRW
Im rare. apparently.

The INFJ type is believed to be very rare (less than 1 percent of the population) and has an unusual set of traits. Even though their presence can be described as very quiet, INFJ personalities usually have many strong opinions, especially when it comes to issues they consider really important in life. If an INFJ is fighting for something, this is because they believe in the idea itself, not because of some selfish reasons.

INFJINFJ personalities are drawn toward helping those in need: they may rush to the place of a major disaster, participate in rescue efforts, do charity work, etc. INFJs see this as their duty and their purpose in life. People with this personality type firmly believe that nothing else would help the world as much as getting rid of all the tyrants (though preferably in a non-violent way). Karma and similar concepts are very attractive to INFJs.

These tendencies are also strengthened by the fact that INFJ personalities have a unique combination of idealism and decisiveness. This means that their creativity and imagination can be directed toward a specific goal. Few other personality types have this trait, and this is one of the most important reasons why many INFJs are able to eventually realize their dreams and make a lasting positive impact.

INFJs are masters of written communication, with a distinctively smooth and warm language. In addition, the sensitivity of INFJs allows them to connect to others quite easily. Their easy and pleasant communication can often mislead bystanders, who might think that the INFJ is actually a very sociable person.

INFJs should be careful to avoid “overheating” as their zeal and determination can sometimes get out of hand. As Introverts (I), INFJs need to have some “alone time” every once in a while; otherwise their internal energy reserves will get depleted really quickly. If this happens, the INFJ may surprise everybody around them by withdrawing from all their activities for a while, and since other people usually see INFJs as always friendly and sociable, this can leave them both surprised and concerned.

INFJs take great care of other people’s feelings and expect others to return the favor. Unsurprisingly, people with this personality type are very sensitive and vulnerable to conflicts. Even the most rational INFJs may find it quite difficult to not take criticism personally—this is the INFJ’s Achilles’ heel. If someone with an INFJ personality cannot escape the conflict, they will do their best to deal with it head on, but this will result in a lot of stress and may also potentially lead to health problems or highly irrational behavior.
By sagi58
I got ENFP, it was pretty much me I have to say...

On the same page, yet again!!
... i would much rather believe in this than a horoscope.

Oddly enough, my zodiac personality and this were very similar!!

((p.s. I do not read my horoscope prediction every day; but, the personality type is pretty close))
By Jabberwocky
I wonder if they correlated the 16 personalities with date of birth what the out come would be

Sent using NCC-1701
By What's Burning?
You'd almost think it was divine.
In probability theory, the birthday problem or birthday paradox concerns the probability that, in a set of n randomly chosen people, some pair of them will have the same birthday. By the pigeonhole principle, the probability reaches 100% when the number of people reaches 367 (since there are 366 possible birthdays, including February 29). However, 99.9% probability is reached with just 70 people, and 50% probability with 23 people. These conclusions include the assumption that each day of the year (except February 29) is equally probable for a birthday.
By What's Burning?
I got ENFP, it was pretty much me I have to say. When I was filling it in my answers were sometimes swinging from three thumbs up to three thumbs down.

I kept reading a bit about the types and found this.
With the exception of their ENFP cousin, the ENTP has a deeper understanding of their environment than any of the other types.

We're cousins! :hehe:
By What's Burning?
Im rare. apparently.

It's just a nice way of calling you a weirdo.
By racechick

I kept reading a bit about the types and found this.
With the exception of their ENFP cousin, the ENTP has a deeper understanding of their environment than any of the other types.

We're cousins! :hehe:

:thumbup:
By stonemonkey
Im rare. apparently.

Not that rare, although I don't really agree with quite a bit of the description.

See our F1 related articles too!