FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By sagi58
So many drivers have nicknames, just wondering what your favourite nickname is and who it belongs to?
By sagi58
Personally, I like "Iceman" as it suits Kimi!! :thumbup:
By zurich_allan
Andrea de Crash-eris - /thread! :-D

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
By sagi58
I always liked the Professor

wrote:">Keith Collantine

In an era of unpredictable fuel and tyre consumption, one man stood out as the best at playing the long game. Alain Prost was an expert at restraining the urge to drive at ten-tenths, preserving his car until the end of the race, and above all, making sure he did not run out of fuel.

This was easier said than done in the turbo era, when the maximum fuel limit was cut several times, forcing drivers to be ever more canny with their boost levels.

It made for a fascinating rivalry between himself and Ayrton Senna, master of the flying lap in qualifying.

Prost’s calculating style served him equally well outside of the cockpit. His astute political manoeuvrings landed him a seat in the best car in F1 in 1993 – with a veto preventing Senna joining him at the team.
By sagi58
Andrea de Crash-eris - /thread! :-D

wrote:">Wikipedia
...He started 208 Formula One Grands Prix but never won; his is the longest career without a race victory. A string of accidents early in his career earned him the nickname 'Andrea de Crasheris'.[1] Though the nickname stuck, he became a more reliable driver in his later career...
By elfinitty
Okay no one probably remembers it but I actually laughed at ''Look how bad you are!'' as ''Luca Badoer'' back in 2009 :D
By Jabberwocky
I still laugh at the fact they used the 1st 3 letters of his name to identify him

Sent using NCC-1701
By racechick
H.A.M is a pretty good one :P and I've a few I'd best not mention :hehe:
By Jabberwocky
I think nicknames work better if other people give them to you

Sent using NCC-1701
By zurich_allan
Okay no one probably remembers it but I actually laughed at ''Look how bad you are!'' as ''Luca Badoer'' back in 2009 :D

That was an unfair and un-called for nickname though. Only those ignorant to just how sensitive F1 cars are to drive, how tricky it is to come in to a team mid-season, combined with how difficult to drive that particular Ferrari was would have expected him to do any better. Even Fisi struggled with it badly off the back of a podium at Spa no less.

Luca Badoer was a competent racer.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
By scotty
Il Leone - earned during a mere two seasons and for fully positive reasons :)
By sagi58
Il Leone - earned during a mere two seasons and for fully positive reasons :)

wrote:">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Mansell...In preparation for the 1989 season, Mansell became the last Ferrari driver to be personally selected by Enzo Ferrari before his death in August 1988, an honour Mansell described as "one of the greatest in my entire career". Enzo Ferrari presented a 1989 Ferrari F40 as a gift to Mansell.[17] In Italy he became known as "il leone" ("Image") by the tifosi (Ferrari fans) because of his fearless driving style...
By Jabberwocky
I think a film could be made about Commendatore

Sent using NCC-1701

See our F1 related articles too!