FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Have a question and don't want to sift through Wiki?
Ask away!
By Jabberwocky
Have anyone got any experience in integration the PayPal api into a website?

Sent using NCC-1701
Might as well have PM'd MOA directly. :hehe:

I did work board work for a local non-profit a few years ago and someone did it so we could accept donations and said it was pretty straight forward.
By Jabberwocky
Selling singular items I have found is easy, the trouble is that I have a lot of bespoke items and really I just want a script that says

Dear PayPal, get buyer to send Jabber X amount of money.

Just does not seem to work like that from what I have seen.

Sent using NCC-1701
By 1Lemon
IIRC isn't it just encrypted XML?
By myownalias
Why does everyone think I am the goto guy for website stuff? But I would recommend using Wordpress as your base for your website and use one of it's many shopping cart plugins, the majority have paypal integration built in. I have never integrated Paypal into a non-Wordpress website, so I can't really help you there!
By Jabberwocky
I have explored the WordPress route, the only thing that did close to what I wanted wanted a few hundred bucks a year :-(

it might be encrypted XML, I don't know.

I have had a thought about it an I might try and sort out my own shopping basket and then deal with PayPal at the end. Originally I was trying to use PayPal as the basket.

Sent using NCC-1701
By Jabberwocky
The trouble is I need the user to upload a picture which is part of the item information

Sent using NCC-1701
By myownalias
OK, then you will need a custom script for that; Wordpress has user upload plugins but none that integrate into a shopping cart that I know of!
By Jabberwocky
I am thinking now (not looked into it just an idea) a cookie creating a session, (just holding a session number and nothing else) any pictures uploaded and info gets put into sql with the session number when the user finishes sql displays all entries for that session. Click buy which will send them to PayPal and send me an email that an order has been made.

Sent using NCC-1701
By myownalias
I am thinking now (not looked into it just an idea) a cookie creating a session, (just holding a session number and nothing else) any pictures uploaded and info gets put into sql with the session number when the user finishes sql displays all entries for that session. Click buy which will send them to PayPal and send me an email that an order has been made.

That would work; but do be aware of the new rules on Cookies in Europe.

The EU Cookie Law - An Overview
By 1Lemon
"This website uses cookies, for some reason we have to tell you, not that you know or care"
By Jabberwocky
upon reading the link that MOA posted, it seem that you only have to say you are using cookies if they are not essential to the running of the website.

See our F1 related articles too!