FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Jabberwocky
Does that mean they will pay the British government back the money they borrowed to stay afloat at the end of last year

Sent using NCC-1701
By LewEngBridewell
Just Sayin..

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12473/9304949/sky-sports-f1-exclusive-gene-haas-to-visit-lotus-enstone-base-next-week

Aww, I thought they were going to start from scratch... the more cars the merrier!

Having said that, they may not suffer the seemingly never ending teething problems that Caterham and Marussia are enduring, should they purchase Lotus.
By What's Burning?
:yikes: say it ain't so Gene!
ESPNF1 Gene Haas has named NASCAR's Danica Patrick as a "dream driver" for his new Formula One team.

Haas Formula is set to hit the track in 2016 once its US-based headquarters is up and running, but is yet to start negotiating with drivers. Haas has previously said he will seek one experienced F1 driver and one American driver, with Patrick fitting the mould for the latter as well as ticking several other boxes.

"Danica Patrick in one of our cars would be the dream driver…" Haas was quoted by Crash.net. "The question was about the dream driver! But she surely fits the bill. She is a woman in a man's sport - that would attract a lot of attention. She weighs about 50 kilos - which these day sounds fantastic - so indeed she's got a lot of attributes that would be good to have."

However, having a female is not at the top of Haas' priorities for his driver line-up.

"Realistically the first driver is going to be a current F1 driver who knows the ins and outs of the sport, to help us sort out what we have to do and who can give a lot of feedback. In that mould would be driver number one. Driver number two would be American."
By geetface9
:yikes: say it ain't so Gene!
ESPNF1 Gene Haas has named NASCAR's Danica Patrick as a "dream driver" for his new Formula One team.

Haas Formula is set to hit the track in 2016 once its US-based headquarters is up and running, but is yet to start negotiating with drivers. Haas has previously said he will seek one experienced F1 driver and one American driver, with Patrick fitting the mould for the latter as well as ticking several other boxes.

"Danica Patrick in one of our cars would be the dream driver…" Haas was quoted by Crash.net. "The question was about the dream driver! But she surely fits the bill. She is a woman in a man's sport - that would attract a lot of attention. She weighs about 50 kilos - which these day sounds fantastic - so indeed she's got a lot of attributes that would be good to have."

However, having a female is not at the top of Haas' priorities for his driver line-up.

"Realistically the first driver is going to be a current F1 driver who knows the ins and outs of the sport, to help us sort out what we have to do and who can give a lot of feedback. In that mould would be driver number one. Driver number two would be American."

I think it's just talk, I don't buy it. He is probably just playing up danica because people keep asking him about her, and as a fellow nascar competitor he doesn't want to be making disparaging comments about her which would give the media a field day. He should keep doing what he's doing, i.e. compliment her when he's asked about her and then keep looking elsewhere, which he very very very very very likely is :thumbup:

He said he wants his first driver to be an experienced current F1 driver. The only two possibilities that come to my mind are massa (if he gets fed up at williams for one reason or another at some point, but he obviously seems pretty happy with them so I don't see him leaving any time soon) or button when mclaren give him the boot :P
By Frontrunner
I just want to see a female driver in F1 competing, especially in a competitive car, but might be waiting a long old while for that to happen.
By geetface9
I just want to see a female driver in F1 competing, especially in a competitive car, but might be waiting a long old while for that to happen.

I don't consider danica competitive or worthy. We have both sauber and williams up and coming female test drivers anyway :D
By Jabberwocky
Would suzie be on form? What was her testing times like

Sent using NCC-1701
By LRW
Would suzie be on form? What was her testing times like

Sent using NCC-1701

Wasnt it her time that were no released - or am I thinking of someone else?
By Frontrunner
I think Williams have Suzie in line for a couple Friday free practice runs this year if memory serves me correctly.
By LRW
I think Williams have Suzie in line for a couple Friday free practice runs this year if memory serves me correctly.

Yeah, starting at Silverstone I think?
By Hammer278
I prefer Suzie to Danica.....in terms of looks that is. In terms of driving, not enough info for a verdict.
By What's Burning?
I prefer Suzie to Danica.....in terms of looks that is. In terms of driving, not enough info for a verdict.

That's such a misogynistic thing to say! :gonnagetit: It's easy to tell you're not married! But seriously, speaking as a dad now... that's the problem with knuckleheads like you! What makes you think that a distinction needs to be made in the sexual realm when we can simply look at them as drivers. You wouldn't go around saying you'd prefer Sutil over Hulkenberg in terms of the looks department!

It's okay to discuss the male female aspect and how Haas is eluding to Danica ab being the dream because of the publicity, not reading between the lines, he's being realistic about the driving and what it will take and that she doesn't have it.
By Hammer278
Let's face it...the day we get women in F1, it opens up different perceptions.

Would Lewis prefer to be outqualified by any driver on the grid today.....or Danica (no matter how good)? :yikes:

The old adage of 'you got beat up by a woman!' will come alive on the F1 grid. I for one, welcome it...it just makes the sport more interesting and it would be awesome to have guys n girls competing side by side on the grid.

And I'd even sign up to be Danica's gridguy. :thumbup:
By What's Burning?
Link to entire Haas interview
The guy seems pragmatic and most of all has a business foundation about the entire endeavor. He's saying up front that it will take four, five, six years before seeing success. I look forward to seeing them on the grid.
By 1Lemon
If they have an ugly boring livery I won't be happy. I demand American flags, Eagles and the word "OIL <3" on the rear ring.

See our F1 related articles too!