FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By 1Lemon
HAAS RACING IS IN F1!!!!

https://twitter.com/F1onNBCSports/status/454652682050240515

:rolleyes: Hello McFly... I created the thread this morning so of course they're in. I just had to give Jean Todt a ring.

Bernie said they were in. We all know that confirmation of nothing.
By What's Burning?
HAAS RACING IS IN F1!!!!

:rolleyes: Hello McFly... I created the thread this morning so of course they're in. I just had to give Jean Todt a ring.

Since when have you known a strong rumor in this sport NOT be be true? :hehe:
The people around F1 are like the worst secret keepers ever.
By geetface9
HAAS RACING IS IN F1!!!!

Since when have you known a strong rumor in this sport NOT be be true? :hehe:
The people around F1 are like the worst secret keepers ever.

:thumbup: for the McFly reference! LMFAO!!!

I hope Haas has at least a midfield car
By What's Burning?
Tony Stewart did drive Hamilton's Mclaren a couple of years ago around the Glenn didn't he?
By What's Burning?
Gene Haas is talking the talk.
Understands the challenges; check
Long term plan; check
TP lined up; check
American team mindset; check
Searching for the right driver; check
Learning process; check

ESPNF1 Gene Haas admitted he is convinced a US-based team can succeed in Formula One and stated his determination to end the notion it is a series too "advanced" for an American entry.

Haas unveiled plans for 'Haas Formula' on Monday in North Carolina, where the F1 team is likely to be based at the Stewart-Haas NASCAR team's headquarters. It remains unclear whether Haas will join the F1 grid in 2015 or 2016 but he insisted he is not daunted by the prospect of ending the absence of American representation in the sport.

"Things have changed a lot since the last Americans have been involved in there," Haas said. "I think you get the impression that sometimes people think that the European way of racing is so much more advanced than the Americans. But we're the most advanced country on the planet, so I can't imagine why we can't do this."

At the Monday conference Haas confirmed his team principal will be , and that the team is in preliminary talks with Italian company Dallara about a chassis, while adding the "only engine suppliers available at the moment" would be Mercedes or Ferrari. But he is determined not to rely solely on technical partners for his entry.

"At the same time, we want to learn. We're not going to go over there and say build us a chassis. We intend to put our own people in there to learn these processes, because ultimately our goal is to become a constructor. That is our goal of Formula 1 is to have a driver's series and a constructors series…. But as time goes on, we'll learn. We'll figure it out. The car will eventually evolve into our own car, and quite frankly, I think we can beat the Europeans at their own game."

The last American to drive in Formula One was Scott Speed in 2007 and Haas is planning to end that drought with his new team, with his preference being for a young driver, though he conceded it may not happen for its first season.

"Ideally, what I think we'd like would be to have an experienced Formula 1 driver. Probably someone who is familiar with the current engine package rules. They change quite a bit even from last year. Then going forward we'd certainly like to have a young American driver. That would be the ideal situation."

Despite having just a nine-month turnaround to get a team built from the ground up, Haas is still aiming to make it to the grid in time for the 2015 season.

"Well, I'd like to do 2015, simply because I think the first year's going to be a difficult year no matter what happens. It's a very big challenge, and like I say, part of that learning curve is just simply getting to the track and sorting out the logistics of going from race to race. The sooner we learn that, the sooner we'll be done with that."
By Jabberwocky
TP lined up? Bob Bell, Martin, Stephano, Ross? Seems to be a few around at the minute that might be looking for work

Sent using NCC-1701
By What's Burning?
Guenther Steiner. Dallara and 2015 are my only reservations.
By Jabberwocky
The GP2 dallara chassis was faster than the HRT, so they must have a clue of how to build an F1 style chassis.

Sent using NCC-1701
By Jabberwocky
2015 might be a bit of a rush. But have the current teams really started on next year's car yet?

Sent using NCC-1701
By 1Lemon
The GP2 dallara chassis was faster than the HRT, so they must have a clue of how to build an F1 style chassis.

Sent using NCC-1701

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah HRT blamed Dallara, who then said that HRT A) Never paid and B) Never took ANY developments to any race, they did the whole year on their starting car.... Yeah blame Dallara.
By What's Burning?
I was speaking in terms of bringing in an external 3rd party. Chassis design is at the core of being a Manufacturer, so if the Dallara decision is for consultation/learning that's one thing. If the descision is to fast track a 2015 entry, then that's entirely another thing. Even the stillborn USF1 aspired to their own chassis design.
By Jabberwocky
BAR started with RC's ex's chassis... look how that worked out

Sent using NCC-1701
By LewEngBridewell
BAR started with RC's ex's chassis... look how that worked out

BAR... they were such a boring team...
By LiamCatterson
I know they haven't made their entrance in F1 yet but I have a gut feeling that they'll be the new HRT in the pecking order of F1. Once they set their own pace, they won't improve. Hope I am wrong, would like to see more competition
By Jabberwocky
What was the last team to be a new entry and do well?

Jordan? Stewart?

Teams like Super Aguri and Toyota did not achieve much.

Sent using NCC-1701

See our F1 related articles too!