FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Why are Ferrari unable to dominate

There is nothing wrong at Ferrari, Not making the best car is acceptable, a team doesnt have to be the best to be happy
7%
Its a cyclical thing, its just that the Ferrari winning cycle is a fraction of the losing one
29%
Ferrari should have made the best car considering the regulationary reset twice in the last 5 years - something is definitely wrong
14%
Its a disaster, big changes are required, RBR should not have a better car than Ferrari in 2014
7%
This should not be discussed, its kicking the team, they should never be questioned
29%
I don't know and I don't care, F1 doesn't need any team to be happy
7%
There is simply too much politics at the team to compete with leaner meaner teams
7%
Lets face it. Ferrari have serious catching up to do. It may just be bad luck at this stage. But something is effecting where they are finishing. And that is gonna hurt them.
I would love to see Alonso up in the mix with Lewis and Nico, of all the drivers he's the one I'd like to see up there. I wish Ferrari would concentrate on joining the party instead of spoiling the party.
Whatever one thinks about Alonso, it was a sad sad day to see such a talented driver punching the air at coming 9th ahead of his teammate. Its depressing to see a faltering Red Bull, and 2 Jordans repeatedly owning Alonso and Kimi all over the park

Even Ferraris man at the FIA is distancing himself from the blatant shambles

Montezemolo had travelled to Bahrain to meet with Bernie Ecclestone and with FIA president Jean Todt to discuss changes he would like to make to the rules, to improve the show.

But Todt was adamant that, apart from working on raising the decibel level of the sound, there would be no changes.

This is not a banana republic, where someone turns up and says, ‘Let’s change.’ IF you want changes, it has to be done through the regulatory framework,” he said after the meeting.
Not pleasant Monday meetings in Maranello today I'm sure.

And, they shouldn't be!!
As Ricky used to say:
ImageImage
Whatever one thinks about Alonso, it was a sad sad day to see such a talented driver punching the air at coming 9th ahead of his teammate. Its depressing to see a faltering Red Bull, and 2 Jordans repeatedly owning Alonso and Kimi all over the park

Even Ferraris man at the FIA is distancing himself from the blatant shambles

Montezemolo had travelled to Bahrain to meet with Bernie Ecclestone and with FIA president Jean Todt to discuss changes he would like to make to the rules, to improve the show.

But Todt was adamant that, apart from working on raising the decibel level of the sound, there would be no changes.

This is not a banana republic, where someone turns up and says, ‘Let’s change.’ IF you want changes, it has to be done through the regulatory framework,” he said after the meeting.

Lol nice one Todt. :thumbup: Whiners will whine.
:yes: impressive from Todt!
Yeah Todt's handling this farcical situation very well. :yes:

Todt, the head of motor sport's world governing body, said he could "not just listen to all the influential people".
He added: "Do you hear [championship leader] Nico Rosberg complaining? Did you hear [world champion] Sebastian Vettel complaining last year?
Those doing well aren't complaining, those that aren't, are."

Except that last year, that's exactly what happened with the """un"""safe Pirelli tires!!
In that case, you could say, it was a Banana Peel Republic!
I've heard that the Ferrari engine is the problem. No op end power, bad traction and bad fuel consumption,

Except that last year, that's exactly what happened with the """un"""safe Pirelli tires!!
In that case, you could say, it was a Banana Peel Republic!

Not sure what you mean? Todt changed the tyres last year after the fiasco that was Silverstone, which was a huge danger to drivers, both in the cars having blow outs, and like Alonso, potentially on the receiving end of debris with bits of metal in. He had to do something that could not continue.

No safety issues with regards to the current situation, just a team complaining they want the rules changed because their cars aren't fast enough.
I applaud Todt for seeing it for what it is and dismissing it. I was pretty vocal when Todt was elected, I wanted the other guy because I thought Todt would continue favouring Ferrari due to his previous connections. But I put my hand up here, I was wrong.

Back to Ferrari, I think it's hard to work out what the main issue is. And maybe that will make it harder for Ferari to rectify it. I'm not technical, but if there is more than one issue and the issues affect each other, surely that is a more difficult job to sort out than if it's clearly just one thing wrong? :confused:
But I hope they do get competitive soon, I really do.
Kimi claims that Ferrari are not stupid

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/9258202/Ferrari-not-stupid-Raikkonen

"We know what we have to do. The people are pushing 100 per cent, but it takes time. That's the fact.

"We are not stupid people, we have good things going on.

"Unfortunately right now it's not the prettiest thing when you look at the end of the race, but I have belief in the team that we can turn it around.

this was before the Bahrain test where the team lost a whole day of testing because they were using a chassis with a crack that wasnt detected till the test.

When we consider the amount of lobbying done by Ferrari for unlimited testing and for extra testing days, one of which is this same Bahrain test, the question must be asked, will Ferrari now want the rules changed for an extra day of testing to make up for the lost one?

Would this be a reasonable request or will Todt say they should have been smarter full stop?
If Fernando was shedualed to drive both days of this test ?
why did they use Kimi's chassis :confused:

Good question, I doubt there's a driver specific chassis, it's more like "their car" in that it has their seat on it. Other than that, I'm sure they're identical in construction.

Maybe they specifically wanted to find a benchmark of sorts?
I would have thought that they would have got a lot more data from the chassis that Fernando had driven all weekend and set up
rather than starting from scratch ?

See our F1 related articles too!