FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By Jabberwocky
I have been mega busy with work in the last week or so. Finally have a chance to catch up on the news and WW3 is looking at starting up.

Maybe we need to send the Forumula 1 moderation delegates in

Sent using NCC-1701
By What's Burning?
If Putin doesn't watch it, Bernie is going to cancel the Sochi GP.
By Hammer278
We should send 2 forumula representatives, sagi and cookin to negotiate for peace before sh!t hits the fan.
By CookinFlat6
We should send 2 forumula representatives, sagi and cookin to negotiate for peace before sh!t hits the fan.

Those 2 sides have been itching for it for ever. Why not let them have a pop at each other, its far enough away not to affect holidays in the Med
By Jabberwocky
It is the knock on effect of Fuel and Wheat Prices that the rest of the world is worried about from what I have gathered.
By CookinFlat6
Gas and energy. Obviously I m joking about it but its not really serious. The fact Putin is a real cowboy might be enough to spook bond markets already living on borrowed time (pardon the pun)

but at the end of the day noone is gonna stop Russia doing what they want and it could be over real quick if they did
By 1Lemon
So first Russia invaded a soverign nation.

Then they used troops with no insignia (Which is against the Geneva convention)

Then they do this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26442381

Also I was watching the news and they had the Russian woman on who said, and I quote "Sending troops to surround a nations airports, ports and military bases is not an invasion; it's only bluffing."
By darwin dali

Also I was watching the news and they had the Russian woman on who said, and I quote "Sending troops to surround a nations airports, ports and military bases is not an invasion; it's only bluffing."

That missile test was announced way before the Crimea crisis and followed through by the book with a 4-hour window announcement to the US according to the STAR treaty.
By 1Lemon

That missile test was announced way before the Crimea crisis and followed through by the book with a 4-hour window announcement to the US according to the STAR treaty.

Yeah but with tensions so high, you'd think they would prospone it.
By CookinFlat6

if you really think any of the old Soviet satellites are really 'soverign nations' you might wanna take a less academic appoach to your understanding of whats happening over there. Say Ukraine wanted to join Nato do you think Russia would read about it in the morning news?
It would be almost like the UK sending troops into a devolved Scotland if they suddenly started claiming Newcastle (assuming Newcastle had some big strategic importance)
By 1Lemon

if you really think any of the old Soviet satellites are really 'soverign nations' you might wanna take a less academic appoach to your understanding of whats happening over there. Say Ukraine wanted to join Nato do you think Russia would read about it in the morning news?
It would be almost like the UK sending troops into a devolved Scotland if they suddenly started claiming Newcastle

It'd be more like Scottish troops invading Berwick because they are close and some wouldn't mind being Scottish.

As long as the corrupt Russian backed officials are in charge of these ex-Soviet nations, no they are in Russia's pocket, the trouble is when the majority of Ukraine wanted to join the EU and the leader wanted closer ties with Russia; then Russia stepped in to claim they were protecting their people? bullpoo; it's for Putin and his corrupt, vicious, illegal government to garner a little bit more popularity whilst they slowly decline their economy whilst building up a massive, modernized military force and fleets of private jet for the elite. I don't mince my words when I say Russia is a police state dictatorship, and finally people are starting to see this.

Ukranians in the majority want to be part of Europe, they want to be a free democratic state and not fall into the grasps of the Federation where they'll be used as industrialist workers again for the next 60 years.

Edit: I did not know about that bullpoo correction, made me chuckle.
By CookinFlat6
Ukranians in the majority want to be part of Europe, they want to be a free democratic state and not fall into the grasps of the Federation where they'll be used as industrialist workers again for the next 60 years.

Maybe they forgot the period over 60 years ago when they welcomed and joined up with Russias enemy the Nazis who were invading via the Ukraine. Maybe they forgot that they are right in Russias way to the Black sea, maybe they forgot that the dispute over Crimea goes back a couple humdred years and has already been the cause of many a war
By geetface9
Can anybody explain to me exactly WHY russia has invaded ukraine? From what I understand, it has something to do with ukraine wanting to be independent, a change in leadership via a coup in ukraine, and putin wanting to protect the russians in ukraine? I've also read it's because the "western" world has seemed weak lately so russia is just flexing muscles to see what the EU and US do. :shrug:

I'm really not familiar with any of their history with each other.

See our F1 related articles too!