FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Will RBR end the season top of the Renault teams?

Yes, of course, Newey is a magician
36%
It could happen, but is far from a certainty
36%
Nope, tight packaging leading to ERS failures are his Achilles heel, and this year demands a different set of priorities
29%
This is my friend the judge...talking about the. Renault engines.........and those who doubt his crdibility :wink:

https://twitter.com/thejudge13/status/4 ... 1333070848

http://thejudge13.com/2014/02/07/daily- ... redibility
I like the judges analysis on the bookie pricings.

Red Bull are clearly being given credit for Newey’s genius, though history shows he can blob as well as beat the rest. The multiple woes Renault have admitted to – together with the fact the even Newey says he has “no idea” whether he can solve the RB10′s problems to his satisfaction suggest if you want a punt on the world champions, the odds will improve as reality is revealed in Bahrain.

This is how money is made on the worlds markets, the majority depend on the media to tell them who is likely to win the WDC or if the price of gold is going up. But they are always late because the smart money has done its homework and is trading on the actual facts available to everyone, but ignored by those who prefer to be part of the crowd and on a bandwagon. So they read the paper and go buy gold - from those informed traders who are selling to take profit and are always behind.

Just a shame we dont have more peer to peer F1 betting sites where those insisting RBR must win a 5th could actually put some money down with those who dont think so, instead of just the bookies allowed to make money of these 'mugs' :irked:
Personally, I hope they ARE screwed. BUT a lot can happen in 6 weeks.

I really want Merc to win both championships this year. BUT a little part of me wants RB to wipe the floor with everyone (again) just to see how Cookin handles it..... :D

I dont particularly hope they are screwed, I just see a big change due to the new format. and it brings more competition and more excitement. Watching how Seb, RBR deal with it, watch if williams can move up, etc etc

Whats odd is when people turn up and try stiffle any disucussion or speculation by saying 'RBR will win a 5th, end off' or 'Newey has won 4 in a row, end of' or 'lets wait till the end of season' or ' theres nothing wrong at RBR, its pointless to think there is any change in the pecking order'

basically saying, 'its more comfortable to see only whats happened for the last 4 years so shut up introducing uncomfortable concepts to grasp'

Whats the point of a forum, when people turn around and say, dont speculate, just wait to see what happens :confused:
I find it odd how certain people are more interested in the reactions of random people on the internet, rather than the sport itself.
Or Newey himself says 'My design has to be changed, this is a big challenge' and we know it takes time to come up with a working design AND to evolve it to be amongst the best. The other teams are evolving and fine tuning their designs based on testing data. He is starting again

Yet we are told that what Newey says doesnt matter and he WILL produce a new design that beats all the ones that work already, Then we are told not to speculate on what he said because only on track evidence counts :confused:
Bud it's fair enough you think Redbull are going to dominate again or whatever, but there are good reasons to think otherwise. Personally, I wouldn't say RB are out of winning races this year but I think if they can come back and with the championships again it would be a minor miracle. In the end we're all speculators, if it's stupid to speculate might as well shut the forum down and tune into the last race to catch the final showdown and save a heap of time.
Hard evidence is seen on the Tarmac, not in interviews.

We are not even speculating about RBR being behind the other Renault teams, we are going by hard on tarmac evidence

The speculation comes in the poll asking if RBR will now go on to beat the others

2 voters reckon Newey is a genius who is guaranteed to come out on top, yet some find it pointless to speculate at all because RBR have come from behind a couple of times over the last 4 years of aero regs
I never said Redbull will dominate again, I personally do not think they will win the title again this year. all I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions after one test, so much can happen between now and the last race to think the testing status quo will remain is plain foolish!
What conclusions can you identify being jumped to in the op?
The op asks for a speculation based on the facts available so far

Will RBR still come out on top after the factually bad start? Jumping to a conclusion is to say yes they will because the hard facts don't mean anything just because of what's happened in the past

And what's even sillier is to say this Jerez test is like previous tests where the facts emerging are meaningless

This test is after a reg change, and reg changes are where there is most scope for the order to change

It's mad to be told not to speculate because Jerez facts mean nothing like in previous 4 years

better to say 'I think a lot can happen before the end despite the current situation, so RBR can still beat the others' and not 'dont speculate, wait and see, first test meant nothing in the past so it doesnt now, despite the very special context'
It would be crazy to bet against RBR giving us the best results Renault will get. They may only get fourth at best but they certainly will get the best Renault results. Not just because of Newey but because of their massive funding and development.
I never said Redbull will dominate again, I personally do not think they will win the title again this year. all I'm saying is don't jump to conclusions after one test, so much can happen between now and the last race to think the testing status quo will remain is plain foolish!

Very true!!

Renault may be having problems with their engines; but, since the question is
will Newey produce the """best Renault powered"" car, then I would say yes,
because that's a DIFFERENT playing field, than including the rest of the grid!!
Bud it's fair enough you think Redbull are going to dominate again or whatever, but there are good reasons to think otherwise. Personally, I wouldn't say RB are out of winning races this year but I think if they can come back and with the championships again it would be a minor miracle. In the end we're all speculators, if it's stupid to speculate might as well shut the forum down and tune into the last race to catch the final showdown and save a heap of time.

There is nothing wrong with speculating, since we do it on a daily basis, pretty well in all areas of our lives, to some extent.
What I have a problem with is kicking someone when they're "down", regardless of how long that may be.
There just seems to be an evil amount of "glee" in seeing Red Bull down and I don't think that's very sportsmanlike!
In fact, it smacks of irrational fandom, no?
And, yes, as a Tifosa, I do "question" the validity/sincerity of some wins/races/drivers, etc... But, I believe I do it
without relishing or laughing at another team/driver's woes!!

There is nothing wrong with speculating, since we do it on a daily basis, pretty well in all areas of our lives, to some extent.
What I have a problem with is kicking someone when they're "down", regardless of how long that may be.
There just seems to be an evil amount of "glee" in seeing Red Bull down and I don't think that's very sportsmanlike!
In fact, it smacks of irrational fandom, no?
And, yes, as a Tifosa, I do "question" the validity/sincerity of some wins/races/drivers, etc... But, I believe I do it
without relishing or laughing at another team/driver's woes!!
Completely agree with you, bud!! Not even sure why it's important to predict anything without any sort of "evidence"!
I guess "Enquiring Minds want to know!" ... NOW!! :D

See our F1 related articles too!