FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By RyRy
I used to rebuild often but now I'm too lazy. I would agree with you about a potential HW problem but I wouldn't look there first. Try to actually LOOK at what the blue screen indicate. The reality is that 9 times out of 10 you're going to be looking at a wonky or corrupt driver or something else like a software issue with an update to something. The memory address range reported in the dump should ID what the culprit is.

You can get the address ranges of most of the components from device manager and then sleuth from there. I don't mind rebuilding but would only do it when I get new hardware of some type, just too much work otherwise.

I already looked at the BSOD's which one pointed towards ram, one was pointing towards the harddrive and one was pointing towards either memory or sound drivers, the harddrives are fine, the sound drivers are not the problem, the memory appears fine (I'm gonna cycle though each stick of ram to test them all individually)

Have you tried turning it off and on again....?

Bahaha, of course you butt :P

I get problems with pc's all the time!! My new chrome book is weird!! I'm gonna whisper the next bit because I understand why the thing I'm going to mention is annoying get apples cos they work

Apple devices are too restrictive still lack programs and compatibility (blame developers for this) and they're just ugly and overpriced.

Just try Ubuntu then you won't have to uninstall every 6 months!

get apples cos they work

I work with a mac day to day at work can confirm they do not work. You have to do some stupid work arounds to do stuff because Apple don't want you too....

I use Ubuntu on dual boot but a vast majority of my programs aren't compatible (even with emulation and vmware provides too much lag) so I predominantly use Windows.

I fixed my PC problems and bought an Apple Mac.

I can't stand Mac's, they're just nasty!

Correct, hand this man a cigar.

Windoze - only if your a glutton for punishment
Apple - If you want something that works but does bugger all in reality, and only the bugger all Apple decide you want to do
Linux - works and you can do what you want reliably and reliably - but there's bugger equipment to run it on
PDP-11 - rock solid, no graphics problems cause there are no graphics, can fit in a small house and you can irradiate your food in front of the screen as a bonus

Windows can work beautifully sometimes sure their memory handling is still awful in comparison to Linux but it's still a decent OS, Apple too restrictive and waste of money, Linux a decent OS but still lacks compatibility.

Did you try to restore your system to an earlier time/backup? Sure, it's simplistic;
but, it works for me, after I've installed something I've changed my mind about! :D

Too many changes to waste time on a system restore also I use SSD's so I have system restore disabled also the main problem isn't down to the OS :(
By 1Lemon
Have you tried WINE?
By sagi58
Is it just me, or is everyone being logged out of the forum after being "idle" for a few minutes?
By RyRy
Have you tried WINE?

Yeah a bunch of my programs still run poorly on it though.

Na PCs are ugly in every sense of their being!

It's the classic "Macfag" vs "Winfag" vs "Linfag" arguement, each to their own :P

Is it just me, or is everyone being logged out of the forum after being "idle" for a few minutes?

Just you buddy :P
By sagi58

Must be something I said, then, eh? :wink:
By RyRy

Must be something I said, then, eh? :wink:

Haha

- Tested RAM
- Tested PSU
- Tested HDD & SSD's
- Tested PSU
- Tested DVD Media

All tests came out fine, I decided to run the motherboard outside of the case on / over boxes and it worked perfectly, seems it was shorting out somewhere on the case. I've put it back into the case and it still works fine.

See our F1 related articles too!