FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
I'm glad to say my passwords these days don't even make sense anymore....if I told someone outright, they'd be like...wtf does that even mean???

Just use a random sentence. Really easy to remember, and almost impossible to hack.

Kinda like: twinkle twinkle little star? :wavey:

That's not random... you'd need something like; twinkle blue rock tinkle

One of my old passwords that I used to use on my old home PC was 'Currently I am writing my password'. There was a website that estimate the length of time to crack was about 300 years.

Edit: https://howsecureismypassword.net/ (I wouldn't recommend putting in your actual password, just one similar)
Don't those phrases instead of words take up too much space?
Don't those phrases instead of words take up too much space?

You can use a smaller one like 'Apple Bird Pie' (Sounds delicious BTW) which is the same length as Pa34ss5w67or89d0 and a damn sight easier to remember.
Only in your head. Your computer will save your password in an encrypted for in the SAM file. If one happened to need a way to bypass a windows password. It is not difficult to access said file and reset it to nothing for you to log in.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Ok, I might choose........ Lewis for WDC 2014 Or Lewis is God :rofl::rofl::rofl: Or H .A.M. Rules

I've thought if some button ones too :D but I'm behaving myself and not writing them also if I keep going on like this I'll forget which one I've chosen.
Only in your head. Your computer will save your password in an encrypted for in the SAM file. If one happened to need a way to bypass a windows password. It is not difficult to access said file and reset it to nothing for you to log in.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Which is why you don't save common passwords and you don't log in as an Admin account on your computer in day to day; have another account that's an Admin and every time something wants to use some files that aren't yours you just need to hit yes (I don't even have an admin password, but I know if some website is trying to access my System32 files for example)
What's an admin account?

WB, I like the Roscoe addition! I tell you want my problem is, well one problem...... I forget where the capital letters come, and the gaps, and the punctuation. By the time I've tried a few options the captcha thing arrives. I might as well give up then :( cos I know the computer is on my case and REAlly has it in for me.
What's an admin account?

WB, I like the Roscoe addition! I tell you want my problem is, well one problem...... I forget where the capital letters come, and the gaps, and the punctuation. By the time I've tried a few options the captcha thing arrives. I might as well give up then :( cos I know the computer is on my case and REAlly has it in for me.

With a sentence you don't need capital letters!
What's an admin account?

Well sentences start with a capital letter. And H.A.M. Has three. And the added problem on an iPad is it decides itself to place capitals randomly and also to omit them when I want them. And it's worse thing is, when I want a comma it ALWAYS does an exclamation mark! So if you think, ' I wonder why RC is stressing that particular phrase?' Well I'm not, my iPad is!
What's an admin account?

Well sentences start with a capital letter. And H.A.M. Has three. And the added problem on an iPad is it decides itself to place capitals randomly and also to omit them when I want them. And it's worse thing is, when I want a comma it ALWAYS does an exclamation mark! So if you think, ' I wonder why RC is stressing that particular phrase?' Well I'm not, my iPad is!

I hate to break it to you RC, but it's not your iPad doing that. It's you.

Do you have sausage fingers?
No , not sausage fingers, it's the same button for comma and exclamation mark, but one's uppercase, and if I choose upper case the iPad sneakily switches to lower case and vice versa when I've moved further along, so I don't always notice it's done it.

See our F1 related articles too!