FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By 1Lemon
The Button thread has been eerily quiet of late. I agree, it would be nice if as a community we would keep the driver threads focused to that driver.

The Button thread was locked.
By CookinFlat6
The Button thread was closed because of constant bitching and whinging about posts about Button
By Hammer278
The Button thread has been eerily quiet of late. I agree, it would be nice if as a community we would keep the driver threads focused to that driver.

The Button thread was locked.

He said that way before the Button thread came alive, and came alive it did! :hehe:

Btw, Button has gone over 40 laps in Jerez now. I always thought he'd make a great test driver.
By 1Lemon
The Button thread was closed because of constant bitching and whinging about posts about Button

So it wasn't closed because of the constant repetitive circular bitching about Button?

Ah I didn't see the date on his post.
By 1Lemon
So I'm now offically a fan of his personality, not seen enough of his racing to know if I'm a fan of how he drives. Anyone who uses the phrase "Balls to the wall" is ok in my books :hehe:

Kevin Magnussen says that his first run as a McLaren Formula 1 driver was not 'balls to the wall' despite going quickest on day three.

The Dane only took over from 2014 team-mate Jenson Button for the afternoon running, but still managed to clock up 52 laps and set the fastest time so far at Jerez, a 1m23.267s.

He played down the significance of that time however, saying that there are still significant areas of improvement for every team and that his focus had therefore been on helping the team hone its future development ideas.

"I'm not looking into the times too much - it's winter testing, so nobody really knows what the teams are doing," Magnussen said.

"I was pushing but it wasn't balls to the wall. We will go quicker.

"I'm pretty happy about what we did, but I'm especially happy about the laps we got in - and the lap Button did too.

"The reliability of the car has been much better than we thought it would be.

"Hopefully that continues - it might not - and we'll continue learning, [because] we need to build up an idea of where the problems will be.

"The important thing is we have a good idea of which direction to go and where to improve."

Magnussen admitted he had been nervous ahead of his full-time F1 debut, but said previous F1 experience - he tested for McLaren in 2013 and '12 - meant his transition was ultimately seamless.

"I had butterflies in my stomach and I was struggling to sleep, but I'm a rookie you know, I'm excited," he explained.

"It's a massive opportunity for me, and this day was big for me as the first test as a race driver.

"But I don't feel like it is the first day at work; I have been in a Formula 1 car before, I've worked with the team for a few years now and a few months as a race driver.

"I enjoy it a lot, and I feel at home; I don't feel new here."
By sagi58
So I'm now offically a fan of his personality, not seen enough of his racing to know if I'm a fan of how he drives. Anyone who uses the phrase "Balls to the wall" is ok in my books :hehe:

Apparently, it's a song!!

[youtube]B_3TlrZLpQ0[/youtube]
By racechick
Now I'm really hobnobbing with the racing famous! Kevin has favourited one of my tweets :D:D:D
I hope he gets a fair season. With good reliability.
This is a picture picture of his dad when he heard how Kev did today

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1394996785816.jpg[/attachment]

Sent using NCC-1701
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NBCSN showed a picture of his Jan and Kevin side by side. When Jan was 22 joining McLaren and Kevin now. They looked like twins.
NBCSN showed a picture of his Jan and Kevin side by side. When Jan was 22 joining McLaren and Kevin now. They looked like twins.

Jan on the right (Rubens on the left)

It's actually a little bit scary how similar they look :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!