FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By 1Lemon
Green means on, grey means off.

B/T is bluetooth (Keep that off unless your transferring stuff to someone else's phone and sucks battery life)
Wi-Fi is obviously wifi (T'internet connection)
GPS is the phones Satnav (Keep that off unless you're using the phone as a satnav, cos that kills battery)
Sound is sound, hit that and it goes all quiet like.
Auto rotation is the screen spinning

Emergency calls only is because A. Your sim isn't activated (You're case here) or B. low signal so you can only make emergency calls.

Welcome to the future :D
By 1Lemon
Can you imagine a telephone company employing mee Wb?

I've done the swipe thing and these are the buttons I've found. Is the grey one the one I have to turn off? I'm assuming it's grey because the sim isn't active yet? I don't think there's any more buttons , it won't swipe sideways. What does BT mean?

B/T=bluetooth

there's more to the right off the screen, you can slide them across. (edit: i think, there is on mine)

There won't be more, the Ace runs a lower Android version that had only the main ones on the screen by default.

Edit Edit: ALSO RC!!!!!! If you press down the power and the bottom middle button at the same time it should take a screenshot, so you don't have to keep taking photos of the phone with a camera.
I've now tried it through settings like Stonemonkey said, there was no ' more settings' but I arrived somehow at this. Is this it? Do I have to not tick the ' connect to data roaming button.? And the only 2g button?

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Green means on, grey means off.

B/T is bluetooth (Keep that off unless your transferring stuff to someone else's phone and sucks battery life)
Wi-Fi is obviously wifi (T'internet connection)
GPS is the phones Satnav (Keep that off unless you're using the phone as a satnav, cos that kills battery)
Sound is sound, hit that and it goes all quiet like.
Auto rotation is the screen spinning

Emergency calls only is because A. Your sim isn't activated (You're case here) or B. low signal so you can only make emergency calls.

Welcome to the future :D

:thumbup: THANKS!!!!!
Or do like I do and get a job with a multinational telecommunications company, I've not paid a bill for my cell phone since 1988. :hehe:

New for 88, check out the great features...

Don't laugh... I used to fix those! They're actually made by Nokia and we'd charge 39.00 and a half hour of labor for replacing the coil cord.

I find it pretty interesting though that you guys have the ability to look for GPRS networks only, (the feature in RC's Samsung) It does save batter power because it's a time slot based instead of frequency based data transmission, but here in the US GPRS has completely been userped to make way for 3G and LTE networks. Just not enough spectrum.
RC this is what the option looks like on my phone

Sent using NCC-1701
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've now tried it through settings like Stonemonkey said, there was no ' more settings' but I arrived somehow at this. Is this it? Do I have to not tick the ' connect to data roaming button.? And the only 2g button?

Sorry, I just got a samsung and thought the menus would be similar.

Don't laugh... I used to fix those! They're actually made by Nokia and we'd charge 39.00 and a half hour of labor for replacing the coil cord.

Not laughing at those (well, maybe the size of 'em), just at all the things everyone wants their phones to do now.
By looking at it it looks like it is running Froyo, where as the left slide on that menu I can nor remember seeing before Ice Cream Sandwich. Just to add confusion the picture I posted is the latest update (in the UK) of Jelly Bean.

Sent using NCC-1701
I've now tried to get on the forum with my phone and it's said I have to get tapatalk....I've seen you with that jab!! So I've got it. But now it's asking me questions!! About networks and culture and motorcycles and education, loads of stuff, don't know what to do??? Just want to get on the forum :confused:
I've got on, but it takes ages and it just stopped halfway through, and it looks weird and I can't post, so I don't think I'll be going on this!!
Im on it now. Not tapatalk, a normal way. Whoop whoop!
I find tapatalk a lot easier. Spanky uses it as well I believe, so does WB I think.

I use Tapatalk on my phone as well; much easier than zooming and scrolling all the time, even on a relatively large 5" screen.
By 1Lemon
RC this is what the option looks like on my phone

Sent using NCC-1701

The ace uses an older Android so it doesn't have all those things in 4.3

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

See our F1 related articles too!