FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Selcouth_Feline
I don't really understand the rationale behind banning it - it just attracts more publicity which will make even more people want to buy it.

Also, I'd love to see the research linking violent video games to violent crime - I've always played 'violent' games like Counterstrike, Unreal, Grand Theft Auto - and none of them have ever made me feel the urge to go and kill or steal a car.

There are plenty of ways people can get 'inspiration' for their crimes and I don't think video games would be top of the list for research.

It's not a game I'd want to buy/play, but I don't see why they don't just put an 18 cert on it and be done with it.
By madbrad
If that's the case I am sure to go out and race an F1 car!
By certom
these are not the real problems of our society... it is to the parents to take care of their children, the software houses make what they want to make money, and if a 18+ want to play this game, he should be free to do it! they did almost the same with GTA, also in italy there were critics about it but no retirment...
By madbrad
Which one had the *censored* secretly put into it? GTA?

I'm against the govt. banning anything like that, but I would certainly ban Manhunt in my house.
By certom
Which one had the sp5 secretly put into it? GTA?

what's sp5?
By madbrad
That was the word filter. I typed pee oh are enn.
By certom
oh i see....

dis u ever tried the coffee patch?
By vegas
sp5 was a classified military ai program that was leaked to the developers of GTA San Andreas.

See our F1 related articles too!