FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Hammer278
I know. I fully support Williams in their decision not to keep him.

Despite Massa. :hehe:

How could you
By sagi58
:yikes: Massa is allowed to wear his Ferrari gear,
whilst driving for Williams? :clap:
I know. I fully support Williams in their decision not to keep him.

Despite Massa. :hehe:

How could you
By What's Burning?
I bet the guy at Williams that recommended a move away from the Renault power plant to the Mercedes PU got a promotion.
By 1Lemon
I bet the guy at Williams that recommended a move away from the Renault power plant to the Mercedes PU got a promotion.

He got a bottle of martini.
By zurich_allan
I think that Bottas is a really likeable guy, and I'm glad Williams have given him a decent car to show his talent. It was tough for him to shine last season, but those who watched him race in lower formulae knew that he was quick. :)
By LRW
I think that Bottas is a really likeable guy, and I'm glad Williams have given him a decent car to show his talent. It was tough for him to shine last season, but those who watched him race in lower formulae knew that he was quick. :)

I agree. Ive been saying since last March that he will soon win a race.
By myownalias

I agree. Ive been saying since last March that he will soon win a race.

Well, stop saying it and maybe he will win a race... you give him bad juju. :twisted:
By What's Burning?
I think we'd be looking at a double DNF or mechanical issues for Mercedes for Williams or I should say Bottas to win a race.
Has there been any speculation on Alonso going to Williams? I'd like to see Ferrari turn it around, but given how bad the car is and Alonso's recent comments it does not sound good to me.

Just the thought of having to move to his old lap dog's team would surely stop that. Williams are having their moment but it's an Indian summer.

Why is it an Indian summer? Might be better if you qualify these types of sweeping statement. But I am genuinely curious to why you think they will fall back, as I have an off track interest in the firm. They are possibly the best team at innovative engineering after Merc on the grid, they have a few technical collaborations in place and once active suspension is reintroduced to save money they will be at an advantage over many teams. If it wasnt for the hiring of the useless massa they would be second (if the other driver had Bottas' points)
Their share price has firmed up and is well supported, so they could raise money easily anytime they want.

So other than an assumption based on the past 10 years and not informed by current info, why do you think Williams are having an Indian summer?
How about we talk about it in the Williams thread? Talking about it here is almost like rubbing Ferrari's nose in it, not nice.
By Roth
Has there been any speculation on Alonso going to Williams? I'd like to see Ferrari turn it around, but given how bad the car is and Alonso's recent comments it does not sound good to me.

Just the thought of having to move to his old lap dog's team would surely stop that. Williams are having their moment but it's an Indian summer.

Why is it an Indian summer? Might be better if you qualify these types of sweeping statement. But I am genuinely curious to why you think they will fall back, as I have an off track interest in the firm. They are possibly the best team at innovative engineering after Merc on the grid, they have a few technical collaborations in place and once active suspension is reintroduced to save money they will be at an advantage over many teams. If it wasnt for the hiring of the useless massa they would be second (if the other driver had Bottas' points)
Their share price has firmed up and is well supported, so they could raise money easily anytime they want.

So other than an assumption based on the past 10 years and not informed by current info, why do you think Williams are having an Indian summer?

I dunno, maybe because they've spent the best part of the last decade slowly but surely slipping down the grid, like you said. It's not a bad assumption to make. Like I assume if something upsets you, you go off like a bottle rocket. One day you might not and it will be a lovely surprise for everyone. Williams might stay the top-a-most of the pop-a-most. And that would be a lovely surprise too.

However, the only teams to halt these declines have had mammoth budgets, with huge development packages, usually the outcome of corporate takeover. Williams have a midfield budget which was until very recently created less than midfield results. Unless this money they can raise is somewhere in the region of $150m dollars they're not going to make a sustained attack on the big boys. Certainly not long enough for someone of even an ageing Alonso's talent to be tempted by. All it takes is one rule change to go against them and have them slip back like Lotus. As an impression of how teams fair, this is the generally a sad truth.

I don't know about the technical collaboration. I know they have Williams Hybrid Power but that's proabably not what you're talking about.

But you obviously know more about them than I do, so flash some facts and figures at me.

I also know I rile you and that you are going to take most opportunities to get a bit dramatic like this from relatively innocent comments, where you would otherwise be more accomodating. I actually enjoy it strangely.

And stalking Claire Williams does not count as having an off track interest.

And stalking Claire Williams does not count as having an off track interest.

Whoa whoa...what's with these put downs on Cookin, myself, WB and a few other good looking guys on here?? :banghead:

See our F1 related articles too!