FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By 1Lemon
I've always liked how it's almost a unanimous thing with F1 fans that everyone wants to see Williams winning races regularly again, the team with no real enemies.
By Zekenwolf
True, but I have an odd feeling that this Willams-Merc tie-up won't work - at least not up to expectations. Another strong - very strong - feeling is that if and when BMW return to F1, Williams will partner them again and this time around they will become genuine championship contenders.
By Jabberwocky
Bmw williams did not work the first time around

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
By LewEngBridewell
I've always liked how it's almost a unanimous thing with F1 fans that everyone wants to see Williams winning races regularly again, the team with no real enemies.

I'm sure when they've won a few titles in a row (again), people will begin to get tired. :P
By Hammer278
Bmw williams did not work the first time around

They won races, and competed for the Championship in 2003 until the final 2 races where they were out of the running...and that was only because of JPM's over exuberance in a couple of races.

Don't forget BMW were reputed to have the strongest engine in the field at the time. Which is pretty much the reason why they left Williams and started their own team thinking the Williams operation/aero was holding them back.
By Jabberwocky
The cracks started to show early on though. The relationship was never thst strong

By 1Lemon
So, Maldonado will be gone next year, according to several very strong sources, PDVSA just signed a new contract, Pat is a new chief tech officer designing next years car and Bottas is reportedly staying.

Things are looking up for Williams next year!
By 1Lemon
Demo Derby
By Jabberwocky
Mclaren to replace perez

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By zurich_allan
Oooh - I wonder where Maldo is off to...?

To play 'Super Maldo Kart'? :)
By LewEngBridewell
Oooh - I wonder where Maldo is off to...?

To play 'Super Maldo Kart'? :)

:hehe:

That was a hilarious video :wink:
By scotty
So, Maldonado will be gone next year, according to several very strong sources, PDVSA just signed a new contract, Pat is a new chief tech officer designing next years car and Bottas is reportedly staying.

Things are looking up for Williams next year!

That's news to me (sorta)... i mean Maldo going but PDVSA staying? What's the source?
By What's Burning?
No 70 million dollar contract form PDVSA I'm sure this time around. It was good while it lasted Maldonado, at least you got your teeth nice and straightened out of the deal.

See our F1 related articles too!