FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss equipment & technique - show-off your photography here!

POM - June 2013 - "Flowers"

Entry-1
33%
Entry-2
33%
Entry-3
No votes
0%
Entry-4
22%
Entry-5
11%
"People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us."

Iris Murdoch.
"People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us."

Iris Murdoch.

Love that quote Lew! I use it with my parents when I tell them about forest schools.
Ooops, I forgot to enter this month, I have hundreds of flower photos from over the years... oh well... anyway, I voted for #1, I like the way the purple of the flower pops against the green background and the depth of field is fantastic....

Iris Murdoch.

Love that quote Lew! I use it with my parents when I tell them about forest schools.

:thumbup::thumbup:
7 votes so far ..... lets see if we can get to double figures :D
Love both #1 :clap: and #5 :clap: . Ended up voting for #5 because it was a rather unique flower!
Actually, I don't think I've ever seen on here in Canada!
Love both #1 :clap: and #5 :clap: . Ended up voting for #5 because it was a rather unique flower!

It's a foxglove, or as in Latin, Digitalis. :)

Thank you! Just did a little research (very little) and I'll have to find out more about whether it will grow in my neck of the woods!! :wink:

Thank you! Just did a little research (very little) and I'll have to find out more about whether it will grow in my neck of the woods!! :wink:

They grow on my house in Wales like weeds if that's any help. And I don't always have the heart to pull them up. Conditions in Wales.....Damp, shady, acid soil if that's any help. That said there are plenty here in the alps growing wild, but here they tend to be yellow.

They grow on my house in Wales like weeds if that's any help. And I don't always have the heart to pull them up. Conditions in Wales.....Damp, shady, acid soil if that's any help. That said there are plenty here in the alps growing wild, but here they tend to be yellow.

Oi that is my home land you are talking about :-)

Sent from Turing Colossus using Tapatalk 2
I'm going to have to use my casting vote here and vote for Entry-1 :D

A really good topic chosen and some quality entries.

Congrats to this months winner racechick, this was an excellent picture IMO. :clap::clap:

Our contestants this month .......

Entry-1 racechick
Entry-2 spankyham
Entry-3 Jabberwocky
Entry-4 What's Burning?
Entry-5 LewEngBridewell

See our F1 related articles too!