FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Three great drives on yesterday's podium, always good to see that! Ricciardo is a jack of all trades behind the wheel and it's paying off well for him at Red Bull.
Dannyboy's made Vettel so anonymous that Vettel's biggest achievement so far this season is getting in a radio fight with Alonso.
I think that Daniel is doing so well is because he came from a lesser team with a car that had nowhere near the grip of the Red Bull of the last few years, so I believe he has had less adapting to do in regards to the new formula. Vettel has been spoiled at Red Bull for the past four years, I think the first true test will be 2015 when Vettel should have adapted, if he hasn't adapted and Daniel is still beating him, then maybe Vettel is a driver like Button who needs a certain stability under him to go fast and win races.
By LRW
I think that Daniel is doing so well is because he came from a lesser team with a car that had nowhere near the grip of the Red Bull of the last few years, so I believe he has had less adapting to do in regards to the new formula. Vettel has been spoiled at Red Bull for the past four years, I think the first true test will be 2015 when Vettel should have adapted, if he hasn't adapted and Daniel is still beating him, then maybe Vettel is a driver like Button who needs a certain stability under him to go fast and win races.

We are 9 races in. Shouldn't a 4xWDC have adapted by now??

In theory, yes, but some people take longer to adapt to any given situation; or it could be that Daniel is just that good!
By LRW

In theory, yes, but some people take longer to adapt to any given situation; or it could be that Daniel is just that good!

OR Vettle is just that bad!

OR Vettle is just that bad!

I doubt that, even with top notch equipment; you don't win 4x WDC's being that bad!
Wouldn't say bad, just an F1 driver able to exploit something that Newey gave him that Webber wasn't ever able to come to grips with. He's has the worst luck of the pair in the team, but when you're a 4X WDC, the standards are quite high and when someone who is practically a rookie comes in and shows you up, people who were previously charmed will begin asking questions.

I don't think anything can be taken away from Ricciardo's performance to date as the pressure on the guy going into the Red Bull juggernaut had to be immense and he's handled it, well he's handled it much better than a 4X WDC.
Daniel does seem to take everything in his stride, we never hear any outbursts over the radio or in front of the waiting media. He just gets his head down and drives to the best of his ability, which this season is much better than Vettel's ability in the 2014 spec Red Bull!
By LRW
Daniel does seem to take everything in his stride, we never hear any outbursts over the radio or in front of the waiting media. He just gets his head down and drives to the best of his ability, which this season is much better than Vettel's ability in the 2014 spec Red Bull!

He certainly is one cool cucumber.

He certainly is one cool cucumber.

Vettle calls him a gherkin. :hehe:
Daniel does seem to take everything in his stride, we never hear any outbursts over the radio or in front of the waiting media. He just gets his head down and drives to the best of his ability...

Here's a thought: maybe it's the Italian in him that allows him to be so level-headed!! :twisted:

(( :rofl: ))
By Roth
I don't get the 'rookie' thing, or almost a rookie. It's like when people call the 08 Toro Rosso a Minardi to make Vettel seem better, this is a way to make Vettel appear worse.

He's not a rookie. He's an experienced driver. I don't even think he's doing anything special with that car. It's just Vettel is struggling, and if we take him out of the equation you see a man in the second best car getting podiums, which is what you would expect. He's driving very well, solidly, pulling some nice moves, getting good tyre wear, doing all the things he should be doing.

Beating Vettel is giving the illusion of greatness when we spend most of the time saying Vettel's not much cop. Doesn't add up.

See our F1 related articles too!