FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Has anyone else seen the Sky interview between Ricciardo and Vettel?

For me the funniest bit was when Daniel called Seb an old man. Seb looked physically hurt by it.
They have a 2 year age difference and Vettel is a 4x WDC. If Vettel got offended by that, he probably has a bag of chilli stuck up his ar$e.
Has anyone else seen the Sky interview between Ricciardo and Vettel?

For me the funniest bit was when Daniel called Seb an old man. Seb looked physically hurt by it.

Do you have a link?
They have a 2 year age difference and Vettel is a 4x WDC. If Vettel got offended by that, he probably has a bag of chilli stuck up his ar$e.

come to think of it, we havent seen his finger for a while :hehe:

come to think of it, we havent seen his finger for a while :hehe:

Yeah, and lets keep it that way :-|
Just read on the F1 official website that Ricciardo will have 10 place grid penalty in bahrain. Apparently, any unsafe pit release incurs a 10 seconds stop and go penalty during that race and then a 10 place grid penalty for the next race, which is news to me!! HOW HARSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just read on the F1 official website that Ricciardo will have 10 place grid penalty in bahrain. Apparently, any unsafe pit release incurs a 10 seconds stop and go penalty during that race and then a 10 place grid penalty for the next race, which is news to me!! HOW HARSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You never know... He might finally be allowed to score a point or two at around the Silverstone time of year...
By LRW

I agree, on the face of it, it IS harsh.

BUT the whole reason they brought in this double punishment of a drive through AND a grid penalty the next race, was as a deterrent to the team, so that they stop releasing cars with only 3 wheels, and to keep people in pit lane safe. RedBull failed to do this. And the outcome could of been a LOT worse. if Ricciardo hadnt notcied and stopped, who knows where (or who on) that wheel could of landed.

And unfortunatley, its a team sport. His team made a mistake, and as part of that team, he pays the price.

What was good about the weekend was Ricciardo's start, and the way he battled past Vettel as if to say "I couldnt give a possums ball bag who you are, or what you've achieved in the past - Im in the team now and Im gonna beat you"

I agree, on the face of it, it IS harsh.

BUT the whole reason they brought in this double punishment of a drive through AND a grid penalty the next race, was as a deterrent to the team, so that they stop releasing cars with only 3 wheels, and to keep people in pit lane safe. RedBull failed to do this. And the outcome could of been a LOT worse. if Ricciardo hadnt notcied and stopped, who knows where (or who on) that wheel could of landed.

And unfortunatley, its a team sport. His team made a mistake, and as part of that team, he pays the price.

What was good about the weekend was Ricciardo's start, and the way he battled past Vettel as if to say "I couldnt give a possums ball bag who you are, or what you've achieved in the past - Im in the team now and Im gonna beat you"

And I loved the nice polite way he told the team where to stuff it when they told him to keep back from Vettel. Something along the lines of....I'm staying where I am, if there are any incidents I want to be ready to take advantage. In other words, No, I won't keep back from. Vettel.
Let's be honest. This 10 second stop go and the 10 place penalty has been known about by the teams since the stat of the season and it clearly hasn't resolved the issues. Unsafe releases still happen and pit stops are still just as fast, no extra action by the teams have stopped this from happening.
The thing is, the teams don't do unsafe releases on purpose ...why would they? they penalise themselves when that happens. So a deterrent is of little use. Detergents work when people/ teams make a conscious decision to do a wrong thing,they don't work against accidents.
RBR would never do an unfair release on purpose, and if they did it would only be something simple to control such as the wheel not attached properly. Also they would never do it on purpose if it would cost the team WCC points or if it would penalise both drivers, they would never do it if it would hold back just the one driver.

Also they would never do an unfair release on purpose just after asking one driver to hold back from the other one - to which the driver replied, in a broad aussie accent 'nah, I wont hang back, I wanna be right on his tail in case something kicks off, like he gets stuck overtaking another driver or makes a mistake'
RBR would never do an unfair release on purpose, and if they did it would only be something simple to control such as the wheel not attached properly. Also they would never do it on purpose if it would cost the team WCC points or if it would penalise both drivers, they would never do it if it would hold back just the one driver.

Also they would never do an unfair release on purpose just after asking one driver to hold back from the other one - to which the driver replied, in a broad aussie accent 'nah, I wont hang back, I wanna be right on his tail in case something kicks off, like he gets stuck overtaking another driver or makes a mistake'

Are you honestly suggesting that RBR did this on purpose because he said Vettel might have a shunt or slow down whilst trying to attack?

See our F1 related articles too!