FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By LiamCatterson
I am glad to see Kobayashi back in the main grid to be honest, I do think he is an okay driver. It looks like Eddie only got one wrong, which is still incredible
By 1Lemon
Just so that I confirm I got this right....

Mercedes Engine
Mercedes, McLaren, Williams, Force India

Ferrari Engne
Ferrari, Marussia, Sauber

Renault Engine
Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Lotus, Caterham

Which begs the question, when Honda comes in to supply McLaren next year, who joins them? It would be an astronomical cost to supply just one team and not have customer money from engine sales. Additionally, the information flow has to be scarce. So who besides McLaren is likely to make the Honda jump?

IIRC McLaren have at least a year exclusivity deal; it may be more. Also Lotus still haven't got an engine supplier.
Well for Lotus I went out on a limb and said it's either Renault or they're done. Maldonado's money has to have paid for some things. Honda doesn't have a stellar out of the gate record with engines.
By CookinFlat6
Renault said they wanted only 3 customers, so I guess one of theirs would go to Honda, apparently 3 is commercially viable and Renault have been tight on budget

Honda would be at a big disadvantage if they only had tech feedback from 1 team and out of pocket. When Merc were exclusive wit McLaren it worked because they were part owners and reaped benefits with road car tech crossover

The rules mean Honda must supply any customer, if they build a good engine they will have options, if not it could turn out expensive to keep up with others with just McLaren
By spankyham
JV making a comeback to race in this year's Indy 500

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
By spankyham
From Ted's notebook yesterday, apparently Haas racing looking to get into F1 with Ferrari engines and Dallara chassis.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

See our F1 related articles too!