FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By NHcheese
I think Grosjean gets a bit too much criticism, but I have to admit that's funny.

Best genuine picture of Grosjean is him walking away from the Spa 2012 carnage...

Priceless. :rofl:

Maybe he could be cast for the next wolverine movie.

His mutant power is to cause carnage on the first corner.
By Denthúl
More and more people suggesting Maldonado is a done deal. My respect for the team will drop massively if it happens. Valsecchi would be a better driver to choose. :(
More and more people suggesting Maldonado is a done deal. My respect for the team will drop massively if it happens.

I had really high hopes for the Hulk joining Lotus. :banghead::banghead:
By acosmichippo
Is it true that Hulkenberg won't have a seat, next season?? :yikes:

why wouldn't he be able to stay at sauber?

More and more people suggesting Maldonado is a done deal. My respect for the team will drop massively if it happens. Valsecchi would be a better driver to choose. :(

As much as I dislike Maldonado, I can't blame them. They're clearly hurting financially, and the money he brings is way more valuable than a slightly better driver.
By geetface9
I hope maldonado gets the seat! It's gonna be so great if he does.

Also, I STILL cannot believe that anybody at mclaren is even considering dropping perez. Perez may not be beating button in the points, but we're talking about a young guy coming into a team that has arguably been built around button over the last two years and has attempted to build the car to button's liking in the off season and then given him a sh1t car and expecting him to come up on top. It's $#@!ing ridiculous that anybody would consider dropping him after just one year. The car is obviously trash. It's obvious because their lauded world championship driver hasn't even got it on the podium once this year. I don't think either of them have finished higher than fifth, if I remember correctly. Mclaren will lose a fair bit of respect from me if they do something so stupid.

Speaking of losing respect, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Lotus lost a lot of respect from me when they dropped petrov. He d@mn sure would have brought in more points than grosjean last year and this year.
I hope this isn't confirmed. Otherwise It would be awfully difficult to give Lotus any respect going forward.
By Denthúl
Is it true that Hulkenberg won't have a seat, next season?? :yikes:

why wouldn't he be able to stay at sauber?

Gutiérrez brings more money and Sauber really need money... :/

As much as I dislike Maldonado, I can't blame them. They're clearly hurting financially, and the money he brings is way more valuable than a slightly better driver.

It's not a case of slightly better. Nico is miles ahead of Pastor in the talent department and could mean several places in the WCC come the end of the year. They'd be much better off pairing Romain and Nico and trying to finish in the top three consistently.

I hope maldonado gets the seat! It's gonna be so great if he does.

I very much doubt that. We can just expect carbon fibre everywhere and for him to be obliterated by Grosjean.

Speaking of losing respect, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Lotus lost a lot of respect from me when they dropped petrov. He d@mn sure would have brought in more points than grosjean last year and this year.

How do you figure? Kubica destroyed him in 2010 and he only managed to score three points more than Heidfeld despite the latter missing the final eight races of the season... He just wasn't that good. Hell, he only managed to finish 2nd in GP2 because Grosjean left mid-year. :/

I hope this isn't confirmed. Otherwise It would be awfully difficult to give Lotus any respect going forward.

Agreed. I've already lost respect for so many teams for their stupid driver decisions. :(
By Hammer278
Future in my hands - Maldonado

Pastor Maldonado says his future is in his own hands as he weighs up several options over where to drive next year.

Maldonado looks destined to leave Williams, where he has struggled for points this year after securing his first win with the team in 2012. Lotus has confirmed it is in talks with him and there are even rumours he has signed for the team in the last 24 hours. However, with Sauber and Force India also possible destinations, Maldonado said it is now his call on where he will drive next year.

"The decision will be down to me so I prefer to take some more time," he said. "I really hope to have a decision before the end of the season and there are still a couple of weeks to go, so we'll see. I cannot guarantee I will leave the team or stay. The decision is very important; it is my third season in my career so it's a very important moment professionally for me. I want to have the best decision for my future.

"I have a couple of options and for sure I am trying to move away and time is going away so I really want to have a clear answer. I'm talking with my people and we will choose the best decision and the best team for me."

He added: "The decision over where I will be is 100% down to me at the moment. It's a big responsibility and because of that I'm taking my time and I don't want to make any mistakes. I will be happy having good people with motivation and it will be a new era for Formula One so it will be important to have a good work ethic in the team."

Maldonado brought Venezuelan oil company PDVSA to Williams when he joined in 2013, which brings somewhere in the region of $30 million to the team. However, he said PDVSA have a separate deal to him with the team and there was no guarantees the money would follow, although any deal with Lotus is believed to be dependent on it.

"Many teams are struggling with money and I cannot guarantee I will have or not have money because I am not paying," he said. "For sure in my career I have a strong sponsor in my bag, which is quite good and it helps the team. They have helped the Williams team a lot in the past three years and I hope if I move then I hope they come with me, but I cannot guarantee that."

Asked what he would make a decision on, he said: "Many things. It's not easy for a driver to choose a team, especially when everything is new for next year. I've been here for three years so it will be maybe an advantage to stay in the team because I know everyone here. Another team will be like starting from zero. Apart from that you have many other factors, like who will be working with you and for you. The projects, engines, the people and the feelings, that's very important. All the budget plans are very important and I'm taking my time because I need to feel comfortable."

I can't pick one line or quote from this article, but the whole speech just makes me go :vomit: for some reason I can't put my finger on.
By Denthúl
I think it may be because he's speaking as if he's a Fernando/Kimi/Lewis/Sebastian-type driver who is in-demand for his talents rather than the potential financial backing...
When Maldonado says it's in his own hands, he's talking about the PDVSA logo being on his driving gloves.
By Frontrunner
If Grosjean and Maldonado are together as team mates, Grosjean will have Maldonado well covered in terms of pace.

But really putting the Hulk and Grosjean together would make a much ideal driving pairing for Lotus, they would be more even and both have good potential IMO.
By racechick
Agree. Hammer :vomit: to that little speech!
By 1Lemon
[
Maldonado brought Venezuelan oil company PDVSA to Williams when he joined in 2013, which brings somewhere in the region of $30 million to the team.

Whoever wrote this article, dates are not their strong point.

See our F1 related articles too!