FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Hammer278
Personally I'll be glad to see him go. Agressiveness is one thing but the guy made a couple of homicide attempts at other drivers with his car as the lethal weapon and that's inexcusable, ever.

I'd much rather see someone like Kobayashi back in than a mad man flailing about. If he was a better driver he'd be making more with the Williams, as is he's barely rising above his rookie team mate with a solitary point, and he wasn't the one putting the Williams in the second row during qualifying in the Canadian GP.

Good riddance I say.

OUI.
By acosmichippo
Taki Inou tweeted this last night, what more can I say but the man is a legend!

I think Grosjean gets a bit too much criticism, but I have to admit that's funny.

I am very sad to see Maldonado moving up in the grid. I really think it would behoove F1 to ban driver sponsors. I realize it's part and parcel with motorsport and a ban would be difficult to police, but it's getting out of hand at this point. Maybe it would have to be implemented along with a team spending cap too. There's a reason so many sports in the US (not sure about elsewhere) have salary caps - if it wasn't for them, only the big markets (LA, NY, etc) would win every year. Granted, Baseball is the exception to this rule, but who cares about Baseball.
Granted, Baseball is the exception to this rule, but who cares about Baseball.

:yikes::wavey-finger::irked::wink::hehe:

OIC, now I get it, your baseball team sucks... no wonder.
I think Grosjean gets a bit too much criticism, but I have to admit that's funny.

Best genuine picture of Grosjean is him walking away from the Spa 2012 carnage...

Priceless. :rofl:
By NHcheese

Best genuine picture of Grosjean is him walking away from the Spa 2012 carnage...

He's just like " I just caused that, yeah, me again..."
By racechick
I can't help liking Grosjean, and I think he's talented. And I can't help disliking Maldonado, and I don't think he's talented.

The liking and disliking is not related to the talent or lack thereof, it's just how I feel about them.
By acosmichippo
I think they're both talented. Before Maldonado, who was the last driver to win a race in a midfield car? Vettel?

Anyway as WB mentioned, the difference is Maldonado has done some distinctively malicious things, whereas Grosjean is only guilty of some rookie mistakes. But on a subjective level, something just seems off to me about Maldonado. Maybe it's his language barrier, but every time he opens his mouth I cringe. Don't have that reaction to anyone else in F1 really.
I think they're both talented. Before Maldonado, who was the last driver to win a race in a midfield car? Vettel?

Anyway as WB mentioned, the difference is Maldonado has done some distinctively malicious things, whereas Grosjean is only guilty of some rookie mistakes. But on a subjective level, something just seems off to me about Maldonado. Maybe it's his language barrier, but every time he opens his mouth I cringe. Don't have that reaction to anyone else in F1 really.

I agree on everything you've said there :yes:
By 1Lemon

Cool guys don't look at explosions.
By Denthúl

I guess it depends on your definition of 'midfield' (it's such a vague term used in different ways by so many different people), but probably Rosberg. I think the problem with Maldonado is that he very much under-delivered, despite the win in 2012. Had The Hulk still been at the team, they probably would have had a chance to challenge Force India in the standings that year. The only thing that worries me about Maldonado leaving F1 is that PDVSA may then turn their attention towards Johnny Cecotto Jr. and try to get him into F1... That would be a complete disaster in every way. :(
By Nin-Chin
That would be bad, also rumors are growing that Maldonado has signed with Lotus for next year. :(

I want Hulk to get the seat.
By NHcheese
Force India. But I think sauber.
By Hammer278

Maybe he could be cast for the next wolverine movie.

See our F1 related articles too!