FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Hammer278
I'm not sure going to Force India is such a bad move for the Hulk. FI were pretty much on their game before the tire switch and with the change in spec for next year, any of the low funded teams is capable of a shot in the dark that hits the target. I don't see Lotus (without Maldomoney) as being a significantly better choice than Force India.

:hehe:
By schumifan
I'm not sure going to Force India is such a bad move for the Hulk. FI were pretty much on their game before the tire switch and with the change in spec for next year, any of the low funded teams is capable of a shot in the dark that hits the target. I don't see Lotus (without Maldomoney) as being a significantly better choice than Force India.

Agree with you here on the move. A year ago Sauber showed a lot of promise competing with Ferrari when Alonso had a good car. This year they blew. Hulk did much better than how his car was. FI had a good car this year, they just need a great driver. Also think Merc will have the best engines and Lotus would have been too much in limbo without Maldos money. I think Hulk will do well and hopefully get a spot in one of the top teams. He deserves it
By acosmichippo
As I understand it, Sauber have made moves which mean Hulk can't stay there. This suggests that Sutil's sponsorship from Medion was significant enough for them to consider; with Sirotkin not looking ready, they're probably going to have to hold on to Gutiérrez as well.

But it was being reported during the last few races that Monisha said Sauber would be happy to have Hulk back. Unless Sauber didn't want to wait for Lotus to make their decision first, but then if they were in such a hurry to pick drivers, you'd think they'd have already announced his replacement.
By CookinFlat6
I reckon Paul has no chance of staying at Force India. He practically 'left' earlier in the season when he thought he had options and now his seat will go to someone with money, most likely Perez. Sutil would be lucky to keep Hulk out if Hulk wants in. And the chances are high the team move up a big step on the back of being Mercs defacto B team. Paul is history at FI
By LRW
A drivers update (courtesy of SkySportsF1- Im too lazy to type it up myself)

FERRARI
Drivers: Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen.
Engine: Ferrari.

MERCEDES
Drivers: Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.
Engine: Mercedes.

LOTUS
Drivers: Romain Grosjean and Pastor Maldonado.
Engine: To be confirmed.

McLAREN
Drivers: Jenson Button and Kevin Magnussen

SAUBER
Drivers: To be confirmed.

FORCE INDIA
Drivers: Nico Hulkenberg and to be confirmed.

WILLIAMS
Drivers: Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas

TORO ROSSO
Drivers: Jean-Eric Vergne and Daniil Kvyat.
Engine: Renault.

CATERHAM
Drivers: To be confirmed.
Engine: Renault.

MARUSSIA
Drivers: Jules Bianchi and to be confirmed.

So The interesting seats are the 2xSauber and the Force India.

We still have PdR, Perez, Sutil and Gutierrez without a confirmed seat. Plus Sergey Sirotkin knocking on the door of Sauber. And Ive just read a rumor that Vitaly Petrov might be an option - even if just for a reserve driver role.

So what do we think - Sutil to stay at FI with the Hulk. Leaving Perez, Gutierrez and Sirotkin to fight out for the two Sauber seats?
By Hammer278
Wait....Lotus doesn't have an engine yet??? :yikes:
Wonder why Sky listed the teams in that order?

Anyway, looking at that besides McLaren in 2015 I wonder which other team Honda hopes to convince into becoming a customer. It's very hard to recoup the R&D on engine design without a lot of customers.
By geetface9
A comeback by vitaly petrov would be phenomenal!! It was an absolute SHAME when lotus dropped him...they've redeemed themselves a bit by getting maldonado!!

Because they know something you dont. :whistling:

They must... there's absolutely no logic to order otherwise. :hehe: You'd think they'd list it in grid order for the beginning of next season.
By LRW

Because they know something you dont. :whistling:

They must... there's absolutely no logic to order otherwise. :hehe: You'd think they'd list it in grid order for the beginning of next season.

Well the first half of the order is the same order of the highest finishing driver of each team. Until mid-point. Then it goes wrong.

Maybe the author did it in reverse order of the teams he / she likes...?

See our F1 related articles too!