FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By LRW
Actually Beemer is the car.

Well ive just done a little research on google and it seems the common consensus is that you and I are wrong Andrew.

Oh well.

See it's not about being wrong... see it as you're now simply more knowledgeable. :grouphug:

The funny thing is, I drove one for two years, and never once called it a Beemer/Bimmer. I called it a BMW. Because that's what it's called.

So I've no idea why I used it (incorrectly) up there.

Well ive just done a little research on google and it seems the common consensus is that you and I are wrong Andrew.

Oh well.

See it's not about being wrong... see it as you're now simply more knowledgeable. :grouphug:

The funny thing is, I drove one for two years, and never once called it a Beemer/Bimmer. I called it a BMW. Because that's what it's called.

The only reason I knew is because I made the same mistake years ago while talking to a handful of BMW motorcycle owners and they handed me my ass for it.

Oh well.

It's people that call them BM's that confuse me. Are they saying a third of their car is missing or that it's crap?

It's as annoying as Porsche being pronounced Porsha. When will Top Gear get it right? It's pronounced VW Beetle! :hehe:
On a similar not. My Bimmer/Bemmer/BM is going into the garage tomorrow.

Air con is playing up
Breather pipe change
Hand brake adjustment.

I know I could do 2 out of the 3 myself I just don't seem to have the time anymore

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Air con is playing up
Breather pipe change
Hand brake adjustment.

I know I could do 2 out of the 3 myself I just don't seem to have the time anymore

You actually turn the AC on in England?

Air con is playing up
Breather pipe change
Hand brake adjustment.

Sounds like you should be calling it Bavarian Manure Wagon, Big Money Waster, Break My Wallet, Brutal Money Waster or Bumbling Mechanical Wretch! :hehe:
By LRW

Air con is playing up
Breather pipe change
Hand brake adjustment.

You actually turn the AC on in England?

I have my AC on 365 days a year. AC is for life people, not just Summer.
Amateurs :P

Bimmer = The car

Beemer = The bike

Air con is playing up
Breather pipe change
Hand brake adjustment.

Well...I DID recommend you to go for the E39 repeatedly. :hehe:

Very few of the old models are bullet proof...since the E39, BMW has had some serious teething problems with their electronics and packaging it all properly with the 3 and 5. Since Bangle came with the E60 though, they've improved massively...albeit the design sucks IMO.
Had a bit of a nightmare (not the cars fault)

Aircon has split a pipe (£130)
The breather I got given by the autoparts was the wrong one so had to get one from bmw (was cheaper than from the autoparts)
Plus got the handbrake sorted. But car has to go back in next week for the rest of the stuff to be fitted.

I'm seriously debating doing a top end for my little baby. I'm scared because this would be the extreme of what I'd even consider doing on my own. If I take it somewhere it will be about 5~6k. If I do it myself, and buy the necessary tools, stand etc, I'd blow about 3k and lots and lots of my time.

If I'm lucky and it simply needs valve guides, then it's very little work, but I know that I'd likely want new valves, springs, maybe a hotter cam, replace all of the fuel lines etc, etc. It's all 27 year old stuff so it's best to err on the side of replacing. I'd wind up spending about half of that. Do I take it to the pro and rest assured, or do I go for the satisfaction of having done it myself?

The kicker is that the transmission needs a 2nd gear syncro, which I'd definitely not delve into so it may be just easier to drop it off at the mechanic in Fecember and pick it back up some time in February.

I'm muy escared. :hehe:
I would agree about not even attempting to play with cogs yourself. That is just my pinion ;-)

As for the rest of it it depends how much time you have on your hands I suppose. And how urgently you need the car back on the road/track.

If I have all the time and money in the world... I would do it myself.

See our F1 related articles too!