FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By 1Lemon
Personally, I like Di Resta!!

As for how he speaks when he's interviewed, I'd like to point out that there is a certain driver,
who happens to be a favourite of oh, so many, who described how he won in the first person
( I, me, my), yet, when he lost, he spoke of his battle as a group effort (we, us, our)!!

If you mean Lewis, this is what he said after his first win for Mercedes....

"The team has just done an exceptional job," he said. "We have worked so hard to understand these tyres and we got the balance spot on."

But this is the Di Resta thread and in the last race, he claimed the credit personally for the tyre call ( though the boss said it was he and the strategists) then it was the car that was too slow, not we were too slow.
Maybe I'll soften to him, I hope so.

As a team boss you will always say it was a joint call and not that of the driver alone. And as a driver looking to advance you will always say it was entirely you. Interviews are a bit like a CV for a mid-field team, you big up what you did in the hope of advancement.
By racechick

As for how he speaks when he's interviewed, I'd like to point out that there is a certain driver,
who happens to be a favourite of oh, so many, who described how he won in the first person
( I, me, my), yet, when he lost, he spoke of his battle as a group effort (we, us, our)!!

"The team has just done an exceptional job," he said. "We have worked so hard to understand these tyres and we got the balance spot on."

But this is the Di Resta thread and in the last race, he claimed the credit personally for the tyre call ( though the boss said it was he and the strategists) then it was the car that was too slow, not we were too slow.

As a team boss you will always say it was a joint call and not that of the driver alone. And as a driver looking to advance you will always say it was entirely you. Interviews are a bit like a CV for a mid-field team, you big up what you did in the hope of advancement.

Maybe, but that's a double edged sword, some may perceive you as not a team player.
By Jabberwocky
I think we saw a flash of the Maldonardo of old :-( ready, aim, fire

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
By zurich_allan
I think we saw a flash of the Maldonardo of old :-( ready, aim, fire

Super Maldo-Kart (that video with the mario kart sounds was awesome!! :D )...
By sagi58

You're right, it is the Di Resta thread; but, it doesn't seem fair that he is being brought down for the same thing that, in general, many other drivers do. As for Hamilton, specifically, some of his responses/replies when he was at McLaren were not always those of a team player.
By racechick

You're right, it is the Di Resta thread; but, it doesn't seem fair that he is being brought down for the same thing that, in general, many other drivers do. As for Hamilton, specifically, some of his responses/replies when he was at McLaren were not always those of a team player.

Do you have an example? The height of his frustration when the team were clearly not offering support was to tweet his set up, I accept that one. He is usually at pains to thank the factory in interviews .
By CookinFlat6

A link to an example of that would be interesting to see, because I actually thought that Lewis was always critiscised for being too 'McLaren PR robot' when talking about himself and the team.
There is also the liegate, when he did what the team wanted damaging his reputation.
then I also remember him been told to 'shut up and drive'
No I must say the impression of Lewis at Mclaren was not one of not being a team player or taking credit for strategy calls or even saying I this or that, it was always 'we, they have done a great job'
He even saw all the engineers in the team poring over his data in a bid to help Jenson work out how to drive without complaining.
By sagi58
I don't have the time, at this moment to find video clips, since I don't actually make a habit of recording.
I will try to do so, later... :wavey:

p.s. we really should get back to Di Resta! :wink:
By 1Lemon
Di Resta disappointed at Monza, however he did come out and claim that his crash with Grosjean was purely his fault and he was glad he didn't damage Romain's car; but for some reason that FI car just wasn't hooked into Monza. Paul's best finishing track is next so let's hope he can improve on last years 4th place.
By 1Lemon
[youtube]LB9w8MTYWxs[/youtube]
By Jabberwocky
He just said on the sky feed

"We as a team do not have the speed to get out of Q1"

Erm does that mean your team mate also got kicked out at Q1 as well?

By Hammer278
Lol what a sourpuss. I actually liked the guy in the first few races of the season, but he just seems to be a big whiner and not at all a team player.

Hope Sutil manages to overhaul him in the WDC this year.
By Zekenwolf
Di Resta is a whiner and really is very overrated by some commentators. He may get the odd good result due to circumstances more than his ability but overall lacks the push to make it into the big league.

See our F1 related articles too!