FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LRW
Come guys, it's not like Mclaren is going to be languishing in the mid field for ever. Sergio got the pick of the litter. I will still always feel that both Hulkenberg and Di Resta are better drivers than he. Neither of them however come with Carlos Slim type money so McLaren's choice was easy to make.

Dont get me wrong, I dont believe for one minute that McLaren wont recover this season. All I was trying to say is PD isnt in as bad a position right now, compared to how it seemed at the end of last season.
Come guys, it's not like Mclaren is going to be languishing in the mid field for ever. Sergio got the pick of the litter.

:thumbup::thumbup:
Paul Di Resta doesn't excite me much. I find the whole package boring. That said he has put in some good drives this year. But that FI is good! And Suthil has had some bad luck without which he was as fast or faster than Di Resta. So I think it's hard to say yet how good he is. Even if he turns out to be very good, he just isn't my tyre of driver.
I don't think it'll be long before he is moved to a higher team like Ferrari etc. Trouble is he has a lot of ties with Merc, but I doubt they'll be changing their line up soon.

He is indeed one of those "Looks slow, going fast" drivers, and I think he's a bit like Kimi in that he doesn't like interviews. When you see pre-show set-pieces of him when it's not a direct interview he is more interesting.
Surely Paul has some say in the tyre call? I heard Lewis was discussing with the team whether to go out on used or new inters. I also heard the team ask Lewis if he wanted slicks or inters on the drying track. I'm sure Paul doesn't just sit there like a dummy.
And even if the team did screw up its not a bright idea to lay into your race engineer on live TV. What purpose will that serve apart from souring the relationship with the person you rely on?
Whine, moan, whinge. It's why I don't like him. Look at the bad luck Suthil's had this season so far. I don't hear the moaning though.
By LRW
Surely Paul has some say in the tyre call? I heard Lewis was discussing with the team whether to go out on used or new inters. I also heard the team ask Lewis if he wanted slicks or inters on the drying track. I'm sure Paul doesn't just sit there like a dummy.
And even if the team did screw up its not a bright idea to lay into your race engineer on live TV. What purpose will that serve apart from souring the relationship with the person you rely on?
Whine, moan, whinge. It's why I don't like him. Look at the bad luck Suthil's had this season so far. I don't hear the moaning though.

The interview I saw on sky he didn't whinge at all. He said he wasn't happy and better not say anything more.

Yeah I suppose he could of just driven into the pits. And sat there as their were no tyres for him.

No, Lewis never whinges or moans.

The interview I saw on sky he didn't whinge at all. He said he wasn't happy and better not say anything more.

Yeah I suppose he could of just driven into the pits. And sat there as their were no tyres for him.

No, Lewis never whinges or moans.

Lewis blames himself when he performs badly, says WE have to do better when it's other issues.
But im not talking about Lewis I'm talking about DiResta and the interview I heard, also on Sky, he definitely had a go at his race engineer.
Does he? It's always we we we we.

Anyway, to di Resta. Force India just can't stop making bad calls at crucial time this season. It's very disappointing as their car and both drivers should be much further up both championships.
Force India often make the strangest calls strategically, they often cause problems for their drivers (Not intentionally obviously, buy their calls are a bit odd, not wanting to follow the crowd is not always a good thing.) and I can understand Paul's annoyance, he, Suti and Hulkenburg have all suffered from FIs strange tactics, so it's understandable that he seems a bit annoyed.

Lewis blames himself when he performs badly, says WE have to do better when it's other issues.
But im not talking about Lewis I'm talking about DiResta and the interview I heard, also on Sky, he definitely had a go at his race engineer.

He didn't seem to be moaning, it wasn't really his fault that the team kept him out rather than going in to get new tyres, there was no driver error, he was topping the times before everyone wen't in to get new tyres so as a driver he did very little wrong.

Either way it is a shame, but he always said he likes this track so we'll see. (Mind you 90% of the drivers say that :hehe: )
17th to 9th at Monaco, if it was Vettel or Hammy who did this at Monaco we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Driver of the day for me, followed closely by Kimi.
By LRW
17th to 9th at Monaco, if it was Vettel or Hammy who did this at Monaco we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Driver of the day for me, followed closely by Kimi.

I'm with you on that one Lemon.
His team mate was better in Monaco he followed that pack for most of the race and I could tell he was playing the patient game which is why he finished fifth and not a Ferrari or a lotus or a McLaren. I t was amazing, both of them are very controlled, very professional when it comes to it.

See our F1 related articles too!