BBC or skypsorts?

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
myownalias
Mod
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Team: Williams

Re: BBC or skypsorts?

Postby myownalias »

Morally, Sky can claim the high ground, you can choose whether or not to 'buy' Sky, but the BBC force you into buying a license whether you watch TV or not... because you own a TV or PC!
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownalias
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Postby Jabberwocky »

Sky for me. Teds Notebook is worth the subscription for me
A racing car that does not win, is just art
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Postby LewEngBridewell »

EJ is back on the Beeb!

*andrew swoons*
Race wins:181Drivers' titles:12Constructors' titles:8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
andrew
I disagree

Postby andrew »

It's ok, I only tune in for the on-track action.
LRW
Banned
Favourite Driver: H.A.M
Favourite Team: AMG P-Dog

Postby LRW »

LewEngBridewell wrote:EJ is back on the Beeb!

EJ rules !
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Postby racechick »

BBC without a doubt. I find Sky boring by comparison, though I'll watch it on the weekends when BBC don't get the races. It's was even better last year when they had Jake.
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
stonemonkey
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Bernie
Favourite Team: Connaught

Postby stonemonkey »

Yeah, miss jake but I like ben edwards.
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
andrew
I disagree

Postby andrew »

All he did was ask stupid questions. He did not seem the most knowledge of presenters.
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Postby LewEngBridewell »

andrew wrote:All he did was ask stupid questions. He did not seem the most knowledge of presenters.

EwanM should've replaced him :P
Race wins:181Drivers' titles:12Constructors' titles:8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
stonemonkey
Missing Mod

Postby stonemonkey »

Ted looks like his own spitting image puppet would and Lazenby is like watching Rik Mayall. And I can't get that out my head now, I have nothing against Rik Mayall but he's not who I'd want presenting sports.
To use my phone in the car I deleted all my German contacts, it's now Hans free.
RichardC

Postby RichardC »

Got to say BBC is (well, was) better. Would like to point out at this juncture that Suzi Perry has the greatest thigh-gap of all time.
LRW
Banned

Postby LRW »

stonemonkey wrote:Ted looks like his own spitting image puppet would and Lazenby is like watching Rik Mayall. And I can't get that out my head now, I have nothing against Rik Mayall but he's not who I'd want presenting sports.

I must admit, for me, Lanzenby is the weak link in the Sky Sports F1 package.....he still seems to know very little about F1, can't interview for toffee, tries to be funny {regularly fails} and seems awkward and nervous when in the pit lane (as if he knows he shouldn't be there, and that he is going to get kicked out at any minute..... )
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Postby racechick »

LRW wrote:
stonemonkey wrote:Ted looks like his own spitting image puppet would and Lazenby is like watching Rik Mayall. And I can't get that out my head now, I have nothing against Rik Mayall but he's not who I'd want presenting sports.

I must admit, for me, Lanzenby is the weak link in the Sky Sports F1 package.....he still seems to know very little about F1, can't interview for toffee, tries to be funny {regularly fails} and seems awkward and nervous when in the pit lane (as if he knows he shouldn't be there, and that he is going to get kicked out at any minute..... )

Yeah he makes you feel uneasy, like your waiting for a mistake. I think he tries to copy Jake Humphries style but can't pull it off. The other one Thats a bit weird is the one that creeps around the pit lane after the race talking to himself about nothing
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
LRW
Banned

Postby LRW »

racechick wrote:
LRW wrote:

Yeah he makes you feel uneasy, like your waiting for a mistake. I think he tries to copy Jake Humphries style but can't pull it off. The other one Thats a bit weird is the one that creeps around the pit lane after the race talking to himself about nothing

Did you just call Ted weird......? :yikes:
stonemonkey
Missing Mod

Postby stonemonkey »

LRW wrote: tries to be funny {regularly fails} and seems awkward and nervous

Hmm, sounds familiar.