FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Jabberwocky
No someone walked past him on his pitwalk with the remains of Massa's front wing.
By andrew
You meaning the ones seen dangling from Massa's nose after he had his dunt?

EDIT: just watched the clip you linked to. That looks like the same things he had dangling.
Last edited by andrew on 16 Mar 13, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
By What's Burning?
It doesn't like non Sky viewers I guess, or just knows my IP speaks American, not English.
By spankyham
Piola does some really nice clips, here's his interpretation of updates Ferrari brought to the Aussie GP.

[youtube]kJ_QzLUKLrg[/youtube]
By spankyham
Nice onboard from Nando's car. Love the exchange between him and Felipe at turn 13 (right at the end of the clip). Both Ferrari seemed very fast off the line compared to the others around them. The F2012 was pretty handy at that last year, I wonder if that's something they've also been working on - would be useful at quite a few circuits.

[youtube]ZOIXpyEW8As[/youtube]
By Hammer278
I have a sneaky suspicion the Ferrari is the quickest car on the grid in terms of race pace. An Alonso win is strongly on the cards this weekend...though I really hope I'm wrong.
By What's Burning?
Might be your twang

Perhaps, cause I know it's not my wang, that's universally recognized. :whip:

Ferrari red!
By LRW
Might be your twang

Perhaps, cause I know it's not my wang, that's universally recognized. :whip:

Ferrari red!

You can get a cream for that. :eek:
By spankyham
LaGazzetta dello Sport.it wrote:">Montezemolo: "Speranzosa living up to expectations. But let's keep our feet on the ground"

Ferrari president reflected on his team's 2nd and 4th places in Melbourne: "Massa drove a great race. Alonso's motivated." Ferrari top of constructors' championship

"Speranzosa is living up to our expectations." Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo is a happy man the day after the opening Grand Prix of the 2013 season. Alonso finished second ahead of Vettel and Massa in fourth, meaning that Ferrari lead the constructors' championship. Overall it was a good weekend for Ferrari, considering how easy it was to make mistakes in the bad weather. The F138's race speed is encouraging and the car looked competitive with both drivers. "We did what we expected to do, we ran a good race, especially compared to Red Bull and Vettel in particular, whom I see as our biggest rival. But now we must keep our feet on the ground, there's a lot of work to do."

"GOOD START" — "A podium finish was our objective, and we achieved that," said Montezemolo. "Starting the championship like this is certainly positive and is psychologically good for the whole team: mechanics, technicians, and drivers. It was important to start well, which we hadn't managed to do in the last two years." Apart from the performance of the car, according to Montzemolo, the start, pit-stops and the overall strategy were three aspects of the race that went very well and will be fundamental throughout the season, although "we'll have to improve the car, we know it's not the quickest but we still have plenty of irons in the fire. It shouldn't be difficult to develop a well-designed car." The Ferrari president also focused on the drivers: "I'm pleased with Felipe Massa's performance. He was very quick in qualifying and drove a great race. Fernando Alonso was very good. He was motivated, and also happy that the car confirmed the same level of performance in the actual race that it had showed during testing."
By spankyham
 wrote:">Ferrari fastest of all in Australia claims Brawn

The headlines in Melbourne last weekend were all about Red Bull dominating qualifying, before Lotus’ Kimi Raikkonen eased to victory in the season opening Australian Grand Prix.

But Ross Brawn, boss of the Mercedes team, said the standout performer at Albert Park was Ferrari.

“On average, of all the lap times in Melbourne without traffic, Ferrari had the best race pace,” he told Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport.

“If they had done a two stop race, they would have won,” added Brawn, the former Ferrari technical director.

Actually, Spaniard Fernando Alonso made three stops compared to Raikkonen’s two, and finished 12 seconds adrift.
By bud
Ferrari were the stand outs, I have to agree with Ross. But if Lotus have the ability to run less stops and still make the tyre work longer at most tracks, then race pace for Ferrari won't matter.
By Hammer278
I have a sneaky suspicion the Ferrari is the quickest car on the grid in terms of race pace. An Alonso win is strongly on the cards this weekend...though I really hope I'm wrong.

But Ross Brawn, boss of the Mercedes team, said the standout performer at Albert Park was Ferrari.

Great minds think alike. :twisted:
By spankyham
To me, one of the best indicators as to how good a car the F138 is shown in what is missing from this image:-

No monkey seat. This was also the case in Australia. What this means to me is the car has enough downforce without it :clap:

See our F1 related articles too!