FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
I look at that and can't help wanting to tell Sergio that grammatically you don't have a first of all, unless you're following up with additional numerated points. Maybe I can get a job in F1 as a proof reader. :P
By racechick
pah!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: really going off McLaren now.
By LRW

Now...? Ha ha. I thunk you passed that point a loooooong time ago....

:rofl:
By Jabberwocky
Sad to see him booted so late in the season with not many seats left

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By Denthúl
Quite unsurprising, really. I think bringing in Magnussen is a good move and I don't think Pérez would be able to pull off the team leader role next year, so I don't think they had much choice. Hopefully this means that Vandoorne is being lined up for 2016.
By CookinFlat6
Doesn't exactly make button look good - 'you as a near rookie can't even beat Jenson'

Did we not hear that Whitmarsh had overridden the team preference for Hulk over Perez last year

What a mess, no money from Telmex, either they have a new title sponsor or it could be button out, Maldo in
By What's Burning?
What a mess, no money from Telmex, either they have a new title sponsor or it could be button out, Maldo in

Jesus... how could you even say such a thing. :yikes:
By Denthúl
Doesn't exactly make button look good - 'you as a near rookie can't even beat Jenson'

Did we not hear that Whitmarsh had overridden the team preference for Hulk over Perez last year

I don't think he overrode a move on Nico; he wasn't on the market at the time, if I recall. McLaren jumped on Pérez out of fear that Ferrari would get him first. In hindsight, it would probably have been better for them if Ferrari had done. As for the last point:

“As regards our driver line-up for next year, no 2014 deal has yet been signed with any driver except Jenson, and we therefore have nothing further to announce at this time. As and when that situation progresses, we will make a further announcement accordingly.”

Source: http://adamcooperf1.com/2013/11/13/mart ... am-member/

Given that the team were highly critical of Maldonado previously for his incidents with Lewis, I'm not sure I could ever see him having a future there.
By racechick

Now...? Ha ha. I thunk you passed that point a loooooong time ago....

:rofl:

Not the whole of McLaren, just significant vocal or power wielding components thereof. It's now becoming the whole of them because I'm sick of seeing stupid decisions repeated. One kindov hopes sense might step in but it appears not.
By CookinFlat6
Compare the way Ferrari and RBR have handled dropping one driver to McLarens, then look at the standings and there's is no doubt, this is a team in disarray.
By Jabberwocky

I don't think he overrode a move on Nico; he wasn't on the market at the time, if I recall. McLaren jumped on Pérez out of fear that Ferrari would get him first. In hindsight, it would probably have been better for them if Ferrari had done. As for the last point:

Ferrari was right. Too early

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By What's Burning?
Checo might be feeling a little like this...

[youtube]Mbb1rxhdyhk[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!