FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LewEngBridewell
Mclaren has not been out of the top 5 constructors since 1981, and not out of the top 3 teams since 2004.

Toleman/Benetton/Renault/Lotus (since 1981) they have been out of the top 5 constructors 9 times. Since 2004 has been outside the top 3, 3 times.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
By racechick
So.........

Perez. He's a jolly nice chap isn't he?

Hot young Latin!

watch your back Perez, and for Christ sake don't bend over!!!!
By andrew
So.........

Hot young Latin!

WTF?
By darwin dali
So.........

Hot young Latin!

...unless you like to take it that way... :twisted::whip:
By LewEngBridewell
So.........

Hot young Latin!

...unless you like to take it that way... :twisted::whip:

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:
Well, it seemed like an appropriate time so here's the start of the Sergio Perez support thread. Will be be 180 pages long or 30 pages long is TBD. But taking the interview below into consideration, Woking is set to go on fire next year, they just need to give him a reliable and fast car.

ESPNF1; Sergio Perez is adamant he can win the world championship next season when he joins McLaren from Sauber.

Perez will replace Lewis Hamilton at McLaren after impressing the team with a series of strong performances over the last two years at Sauber. When he joins he will be 23 years old - the age at which Hamilton won his first title with McLaren - and Perez is confident he will be ready to join the team and immediately win races and championships.

"I think expectations in terms of result, my targets is to win titles with them and to win the championship already next year," he said. "That takes a lot of work during the season so it's very important to start very well my preparations with them and try to reach their targets.

"This year they have had many reliability issues and if they solved that they would have been fighting for the title. So I think it's realistic what I'm saying and the team is capable of putting together a very strong car. The target has to be always high - it's the way we have to think and McLaren wants to win every race."

Perez said he is ready for the added pressure that comes with being a driver at a top team and is prepared for the criticism as well as the adulation that goes with it.

"When you are in the best team you are always on the radar," he said. "When you are doing well you are the hero and when you are doing bad you are the worst one. It's kind of getting used to that, but I'm used to it already at Sauber because I remember when I did a podium I was a superstar and when I didn't do well I was a very bad driver who is always doing mistakes. The most important thing is to focus on the winter and try to make a very good connection with the team early in January and then be able to fight from the first race onwards."

He also dismissed suggestions that his failure to score a point at Sauber since signing for McLaren had anything to do with the added pressure.

"Here in Formula One they like to make stories about everything so they linked it to my [McLaren] contract," he said. "But it has nothing to do with it because I'm a professional driver, a very loyal person and I'm very grateful to the team [Sauber]."
By vlad
So far, we all know that Perez has 1 big advantage and 1 big disadvantage. To put it simple, he is great in nursing these tires and still getting great speed out of them, which in a car like McLaren will work great, BUT, he's a poor qualifier, still, and might face the same problems Button is facing. I look forward to see how he handles the pressure. :wavey::drink:
Ever since he signed for McLaren, he's scored between....zero and nil points. I dont know if this is his way of handling 'pressure' but for McLarens sake, I hope its just been very bad luck on his side of the garage, and pulls up his socks at McLaren. At worst, he might take a couple of races to settle down but I expect him to impress next year.
By vlad
I think that he's just overdoing that Sauber car. Trying to prepare for the next season, test the limits, etc. And, also, Sauber has dropped a lot in the final races, weaker pace.
I think that he's just overdoing that Sauber car. Trying to prepare for the next season, test the limits, etc. And, also, Sauber has dropped a lot in the final races, weaker pace.

It may be that Sauber lost some pace towards the end of the year, but since Singapore, Perez scored 1 point, while Kobayashi scored 25, one podium and two races where he went from 15th to 6th place and from 14th to 9th place and he's the one being kicked out of Sauber.
A pity really. But with Japan being in a 20 trillion dollar debt, it's no mystery why he's struggling for national backing.
By vlad
Yep! Kobayashi was really consistent, just look at his race at Brazil. He was driving great, overtaking, defending. True racer!

See our F1 related articles too!