FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Massa needed that result, that's for certain.

:yes:

First podium of his for Williams in what has been a somewhat unfortunate year for Felipe. Well done to him, and as ever, much love for the Williams team :thumbup:
Way late I know, but just noticed this weekend that Massa's T bar is the black one in the Williams team. Talk about a big ego for such a little guy.
Way late I know, but just noticed this weekend that Massa's T bar is the black one in the Williams team. Talk about a big ego for such a little guy.

I don't get it...what does this mean? No.1 driver? Why would he get it anyway when his a$$ is being kicked all around the season by Bottas.
Massa really annoyed me this past weekend; his constant whining about the conditions really grated on me; frankly Massa needs to retire and give one of the young chargers a race seat; most other drivers were raring to go behind the safety car. Massa is not the race driver he once was; he was never the same after his accident in 2009.

I don't get it...what does this mean? No.1 driver? Why would he get it anyway when his a$$ is being kicked all around the season by Bottas.

It really doesn't mean much I guess, one thing is that the likes of Massa, Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton are always on the right side of the garage while the other driver is on the left side I think. But it is surprising about WB's point, especially when the newcomer to the team gets the well.. number 2 car with the yellow t-bar and Bottas has been with Williams for a while.

I guess Massa has been getting sick to death of having that yellow T-bar above his head during his time at Ferrari. :D:hehe:
I guess Massa has been getting sick to death of having that yellow T-bar above his head during his time at Ferrari. :D:hehe:

:rofl: that's harsh
By LRW
Massa really annoyed me this past weekend; his constant whining about the conditions really grated on me; frankly Massa needs to retire and give one of the young chargers a race seat; most other drivers were raring to go behind the safety car. Massa is not the race driver he once was; he was never the same after his accident in 2009.

I feel exactly the same. Straight after the race, he was moaning about how he said it should of been stopped 5 laps earlier, but no-one listened to him and now the accident happened. He was callinbg out the race organisers saying they had done a bad job.

Some of what he said may be true, but doing it in the drivers interviews straight after the race, when the extent of Jules' injuries were still not fully understood, was out of line. The bloke is a prick.

Button was also doing a fair amount of whining about the conditions at the start.

I feel exactly the same. Straight after the race, he was moaning about how he said it should of been stopped 5 laps earlier, but no-one listened to him and now the accident happened. He was callinbg out the race organisers saying they had done a bad job.

Some of what he said may be true, but doing it in the drivers interviews straight after the race, when the extent of Jules' injuries were still not fully understood, was out of line. The bloke is a prick.

Button was also doing a fair amount of whining about the conditions at the start.

Massa was irritating me with the whining. All the drivers at the start were saying it was ok to race and almost ready for inters, and this was borne out by how quickly they went to inters. To be fair to Jenson, he was also saying they should be racing ( I remember being surprised by this) .
Massa's frequent reiteration that he was "screaming for the race to be stopped" at the end irritated me even more. What was the point of that? Maybe it's a throwback to the conditions in which he lost the world championship? Either way I'm starting to think he's ready to stop. To retire.
By LRW
My thoughts at the time about Massa saying that - "Well if its that dangerous, and you cant race in it, just pull into the pits, get out the car, fly home, and go sit by the pool with your big pile of money, and the memory of being WDC for 20 seconds."
My thoughts at the time about Massa saying that - "Well if its that dangerous, and you cant race in it, just pull into the pits, get out the car, fly home, and go sit by the pool with your big pile of money, and the memory of being WDC for 20 seconds."

How could you say that to me

I bought Massa again after today's race, thinking he'll bounce back from today's results since he'll be on his home hemisphere in Austin and one step away from home. Maybe motivated to break into the top five?

Don't let me down Massa, DON'T LET ME DOWN! :gonnagetit:
The only place Massa can be relied upon to bounce anywhere is in the pitbox when he forgets to disengage the clutch :hehe:
Lol
By sagi58
MASSA: I’LL DO WHAT IS BEST FOR ME NEXT YEAR

Formula 1 veteran Felipe Massa has played down any claims he might keep his racing dream alive for 2017 by switching to Indycar.

As Williams reconsiders its next driver lineup, the Brazilian has said he needs a competitive seat in order to stay in F1 for a sixteenth season.

But Turun Sanomat, a Finnish newspaper, said the door to the works Renault team appears to have been closed to Massa, with the 35-year-old’s manager Nicholas Todt and Renault chief Frederic Vasseur having fallen out.

“I’ll do what is best for me next year,” Massa is quoted as saying by correspondent Luis Vasconcelos. “I’m not interested in just driving – I want to win races, or at least fight for the podium.”

But he said switching to Indycar, where many of his Brazilian compatriots have found a home over the years, is not an option.

“I’m not at all keen about driving on ovals, because I think the risks are too high and the driver’s influence is less than on a normal race track,” he said.

The report claimed that representatives for Massa recently travelled to the Nurburgring round of the world endurance championship, but were not met with enthusiasm by manufacturers Porsche, Audi or Toyota.
Massa retires ... again!

Felipe Massa confirms F1 retirement at the end of 2017 season

"As everyone knows, after announcing my retirement from Formula 1 last year, I agreed to return this season to help Williams when the call came," said Massa in a team statement.

"I have now enjoyed four great years with the team, but my career in Formula 1 will finally come to an end this season. Once more, I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported me throughout this time: my wife and my father, my whole family, my manager Nicolas and all my friends, colleagues and sponsors.

"I would also like to add a huge thank you to all of the fans who have been incredibly supportive and passionate over the years. I take so many great memories with me as I prepare for my final two races in Brazil and Abu Dhabi, and although they will be emotional, I am looking forward to ending on a high note and preparing for a new chapter in my career."

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... retirement

See our F1 related articles too!