FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LewEngBridewell
Holy 5#!+ man! Was that Massa??

Really good drive to recover from some tough luck.

Harking back to the Massa of old, that drive. :yes:
By darwin dali

:yes::thumbup:
By mnmracer

:yes::thumbup:

:clap::clap::clap:
By headless
Certainly did better than he, or anyone else thought he would, even when sat on the grid, I suspect.
By What's Burning?
I'm sure Massa had fun. It's always good to see someone fight from the back of the grid, and the pass on Senna was a joy to watch. The question is, is it enough to allow him to keep his day job? Had two of the front runners not retired he would have been once again out of the points and really not much would have been remembered about today's performance. Six more races, six more chances to maybe earn the stop gap role are the scuderia between now and the 2014 eventual other driver that will accompany Alonso there.
By vaptin
I hope he doesn't get the seat as a Ferrari fan, it's too late, unless he goes absolutely nuts and starts winning races, his qualifying pace has been very poor, his races though have been OK, but I wonder if it's just because he's started out of position.
By andrew
I hope he gets a seat in a team where he is allowed to race like he did today in every race.
By vaptin
I hope he gets a seat in a team where he is allowed to race like he did today in every race.

He's allowed to race, just not when he's immediately ahead of his team mate leading the WDC. It's not like Massa has had a string of times when he's had to let Alonso through, or even been ahead of him. If Massa could show he can beat Alonso at the start of the season, he could get Ferrari to back him, like with Kimi in 2008.
By myownalias
I think Massa did a solid job today, even if he finished outside of the points and he made the passes he did today, I would still say that he did a solid job fighting from the back of the grid; yes the safety cars helped his situation, but sometimes a little luck helps your cause. I still think that he'll be resigned by Ferrari next season, probably a one year contract extension!
By vaptin
I think Massa did a solid job today, even if he finished outside of the points and he made the passes he did today, I would still say that he did a solid job fighting from the back of the grid; yes the safety cars helped his situation, but sometimes a little luck helps your cause. I still think that he'll be resigned by Ferrari next season, probably a one year contract extension!

He finished 8th. Points are awarded for the top 10 places.
By Jabberwocky
Do you think Massa opened his eyes to see that he was in front of Senna and was amazed his car was in one piece.
By What's Burning?

I think he meant even if he'd been outside the points. MOA has problems with the English language now that he's American. :whip:
By darwin dali

I think he meant even if he'd been outside the points. MOA has problems with the English language now that he's American. :whip:

MOA an American? No way, Jose!
By myownalias
MOA has problems with the English language now that he's American. :whip:

You can call whatever else you like, but don't ever :censored: call me an American... :twisted:
By darwin dali
MOA has problems with the English language now that he's American. :whip:

You can call whatever else you like, but don't ever :censored: call me an American... :twisted:

See my post above.
We wouldn't want you anyway:P

See our F1 related articles too!