FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By andrew
Did he really come back from getting that hit on the head?

An accident like that is bound to dent anyones confidence a bit. Plus he is clearly just Alonso's assistant so he'll have next to no confidence left. He needs to escape the evil grip of Ferrari and get into a team where he is allowed to race.
By Ferrari man 009
I don't think a re-surged Massa would beat Alonso, so in this comparison, at this time he is a number two. Given the situation at Ferrari in 2008 and 2009 I think they did treat Massa as a number one. it's possible the accident knoked some confidence out of him. It's also possible that he's physically not the same, it was a massive blow to the head, that may have ramifications beyond what we're perceiving as a loss of confidence.

In any case, I think Ferrari sticking with him this year and last was more about indebtedness. Unless he's able to put together a race win or two for the balance of this year, I think it's too little too late. And therein lies the issue with the situation... does anyone believe that if Massa is able to put together a race win that Alonso wouldn't be in front of him?

OK so would Ferrari accept 2 second places from him with Alonso in front of him?

To be honest, what Massa needs to do is take points away from Alonso's rivals. In Spa and Monza, he did that. At Spa he took points off Webber late in the race and at Monza would have taken points away from Vettel, Webber and Kimi (assuming they all finished).

If Massa can be close to Alonso and take points off his rivals - Ferrari may keep him as #2 next season, especially if he contributes to Alonso's success.
By The Second Coming
I love his sweet little bum :cloud9:

And no, I disagree with the suggestion he'll always be a number two driver. With his experience at Ferrari, he'd be number one in any back marker team such as HRT, Caterham, Marussia, Toro Rosso or Williams :twisted:

Sorry DD...my comments were really for teams who are really in contention for anything. I just didn't spell it out. Of course he would be a #1 for Marussia or HRT but I would venture they couldn't afford him. Williams, maybe, if Senna doesn't pull up his socks soon and be more consistent. Torro Rosso, definitely not.

I'm just saying...
By The Second Coming
How did he take points off Webber at Monza? Red Bull took points off Webber at Monza!

I think it just sounds good to say it. :hehe:

I'm just saying...
By LewEngBridewell
Who'd have thought that, after 2008, Felipe would be struggling the way he is doing so now? I bet the guy is far from happy.
By What's Burning?
Felipe Massa looks a lot like his dad. Just saying something nice. :P
By LewEngBridewell
Felipe Massa looks a lot like his dad. Just saying something nice. :P

Massa's dad and his wink-and-thumbs-up-to-camera always brighten up a race weekend. :P
By headless
Can anyone tell me, why, at Monza, was Massa's garage in front of Alonso's. Everyone else was going up in number order, except Ferrari?
By Jabberwocky
Can anyone tell me, why, at Monza, was Massa's garage in front of Alonso's. Everyone else was going up in number order, except Ferrari?

Because that is what Alonso wanted
By Hammer278

Questions about Ferrari's operations are easy to answer aren't they. :hehe:
By headless

Is that serious?
By Jabberwocky

Is that serious?

I have no proof to back it up. I can not say I have ever noticed. maybe it is to do with mechanics on either side being a hinderance so one driver gets a better pit entry or exit.

there now I am sure no one will think that I mean the Mclaren would hinder Alonso entering the pit.
By f1ea
Holy 5#!+ man! Was that Massa??

Really good drive to recover from some tough luck.

See our F1 related articles too!