FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
My comment was mostly tounge in cheek.

Mea culpa!! :blush:
By Jabberwocky
No worries. I also worded it as he had his back turned (as in it was not through his choice)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By sagi58
No worries. I also worded it as he had his back turned (as in it was not through his choice)

You did it on purpose?? :yikes:

(( :rofl: ))
By ptiberio
It is because Massa has had his back turned to them.

Massa's comment that he was going to drive for himself was little more than annoying!
In fact, I would go so far as to say it was "self-destructive", to be honest! As I posted
earlier, it was his own decision to stay at Ferrari and if now "suddenly" he's going to
start driving for himself, he surely hasn't proven that they've held him back, has he?
After all, it's not like he won the next race, is it? Secondly, in holding Alonso back,
all Massa did was prove he couldn't keep up with the cars ahead because once Alonso
got into free air, he was able to push the same car Massa is driving to a different level.

Everytime Massa opens his "yap" and says "I am taking no prisoners, not going to listen to team orders, going for the win,
......." what happens? He screws up in the race and people pass him like he is standing still....but when racing drivers in the lower end of the grid he does halfway decent but when it somes to mid level on up his is a snail.

So why hasn't anyone signed him as of yet? Oh yes he have so many opportunities he is just waiting it out to see who provides the lagest offer....maybe if he accepted "Brazilan Nuts" as payment he may be offered a bushel or two :wavey:
By spankyham
Massa needs a really good start and to get ahead of the Mercs. If he doesn't start showing something this could well be his last few races in F1.
By Roth
He's wasting a Ferrari. After 08 'inconsequential' is the word that springs to mind. His only cache in the market is who he drives for now, and i don't imagine struggling teams put much worth on that.
By racechick
Well he's done better than Alonso
By LewEngBridewell

Yup, what was going on at Ferrari today. Very embarrassing for Fernando
By ptiberio

WOW one race :clap: to Massa

Last time I looked (after the race) Alonzo is still in 2nd in the points and has scored more than double the points of Massa

BTW today was only the 2nd race all season that Alonzo didn't score points,can the same be said for Massa? :crying:

I am sure that today's masterpiece by Massa will provide him with a signed paid contract for 2014 and beyond before the week is out

Today's results for Massa has been few and far between over the past three years
By racechick

WOW one race :clap: to Massa

Last time I looked (after the race) Alonzo is still in 2nd in the points and has scored more than double the points of Massa

BTW today was only the 2nd race all season that Alonzo didn't score points,can the same be said for Massa? :crying:

I am sure that today's masterpiece by Massa will provide him with a signed paid contract for 2014 and beyond before the week is out

Today's results for Massa has been few and far between over the past three years

But today he said he was driving for himself, not for Alonso, you don't know how straight jacketed he's been. I'm not trying to say he's as good as Alonso , because he's not, but credit where its due!
By sagi58

And, he did better than Hamilton! Do you want him at Mercedes? :twisted:
Probably not...
By sagi58

Yup, what was going on at Ferrari today. Very embarrassing for Fernando

Lady Luck smiled upon Vettel and turned her back on Alonso/Ferrari!
Here's hoping the tide turns... soon...
By sagi58
But today he said he was driving for himself, not for Alonso, you don't know how straight jacketed he's been. I'm not trying to say he's as good as Alonso , because he's not, but credit where its due!

He was also driving for himself in Japan and finished tenth..........
Today, things fell into place for Massa, which is great for Ferrari!
Having said that, it's not fair to say he's been "straight-jacketed"
because it's not like he's been just behind Alonso in every race!
By operaman

He was also driving for himself in Japan and finished tenth..........
Today, things fell into place for Massa, which is great for Ferrari!
Having said that, it's not fair to say he's been "straight-jacketed"
because it's not like he's been just behind Alonso in every race!

Exactly. For Alonso to have been a hindrance to Massa the last three years, Flipper would have had to have been in shouting distance of Fred's Ferrari. For the most part, he has not even been in the same area code. :violinist:
By sagi58
Exactly. For Alonso to have been a hindrance to Massa the last three years, Flipper would have had to have been in shouting distance of Fred's Ferrari. For the most part, he has not even been in the same area code. :violinist:

haha... love the "area code" and violinist!!

See our F1 related articles too!