FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
So anyway - the Singapore GP - that was fun, eh?

Massa's pass on Senna sure was. :hehe:

I think it's being talked about in the Japanese gp thread, we are not well with a structured environment.

Ha ha - structured environment is overrated.... well going by this Forum... :hehe:

I think it's being talked about in the Japanese gp thread, we are not well with a structured environment.

Ha ha - structured environment is overrated.... well going by this Forum... :hehe:

:rofl::rofl:

You gotta love it! :cloud9::cloud9:

:rofl::rofl:

You gotta love it! :cloud9::cloud9:

In a I-love-it-but-need-to-kill-it sort of way....? :hehe:
My two cents; the points system is fine, the points spread in good, big enough incentive to go for the win but not so big that a driver can run away with it, like we've seen this season and 2010, 2011 was just silly because the Red Bull was insanely dominant. The 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 system was the silliest, only two points difference between 1 and 2 doesn't give any incentive!

So you agree with the current regs?
Bah where's the fun in that....
;)

Actually, I'd like all positions save last to be points scored. You are correct though, averaging positions would be inconsistent with a team who gets one point to automatically come on top.

I wouldn't like that, as you would get the desperate moves from the person in 11th place going for it at the end of a race.
The Singapore Grand Prix is a motor race which forms part of the FIA Formula One World Championship. The event takes place on the Marina Bay Street Circuit and was the inaugural night race and first street circuit in Asia designed for Formula One races.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Grand_Prix

Spaniard Fernando Alonso won the first Formula One edition of the Grand Prix, driving for the Renault team amid controversial circumstances when it emerged a year later that his teammate Nelson Piquet Jr. had been ordered to crash on purpose by senior team management to bring out the safety car at a time chosen to benefit Alonso. The Singapore Grand Prix will remain on the F1 calendar until at least 2021 after race organizers signed a contract extension with Formula One Management on the first day of the 2017 event. The previous contract extension was signed in 2012 and lasted until 2017. Since 2008, every race edition has featured at least one safety car, a total of 18 safety car deployments, as of 2018.

See our F1 related articles too!