FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Well that was worth recording and rushing back to watch. How many races now that lewis has had 'issues' not of his making? Eight I think. This is rubbish!!!

Could the gearbox issue be something to do with how Hamilton missed the chicane in qualifying and ended up bouncing over one of the kerbs? I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with the gearbox failure. If this is the case, then Hamilton would have some personal responsibility for the failure. I'm not blaming Hamilton for the failure, just pointing out that it might not be something that was completely not of his making.
Well that was worth recording and rushing back to watch. How many races now that lewis has had 'issues' not of his making? Eight I think. This is rubbish!!!

Could the gearbox issue be something to do with how Hamilton missed the chicane in qualifying and ended up bouncing over one of the kerbs? I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with the gearbox failure. If this is the case, then Hamilton would have some personal responsibility for the failure. I'm not blaming Hamilton for the failure, just pointing out that it might not be something that was completely not of his making.

Martin Whitmarsh confirmed after the race that the Gearbox was checked on Saturday Night and had no damage from the tap to the wall, so it wasnt Lewis' fault.
Congrats to Red Bull and Vettel on the win.

Best drive by Massa this year. After his horrid luck getting clipped from behind (at least not Lewis this time) at turn one and suffereing a puncture after a very handy start Felipe's effort in gaining points and 8th place on this circuit was brilliant. His fastest lap, set on lap 4 took over 24 more laps for someone to better, including tire changes for just about everyone and 24 laps less fuel - would love to see the in-car for that lap. Well done Felipe.

Who cares about whether Senna deserved a penalty or not, why talk about that when we had probably the best pass in F1 this year and one of the best in many years. Took the contact, controlled the car, hands full of opposite lock and made the pass stick - awesome move!!!

Sorry for Lewis, but if its any consolation, Lewis pretty much wins every race after he has this sort of luck.

Ferrari can now put away the last of their bad tracks - phew, and leave with their more than one full race lead. Here comes Susuka which will suit the F2012 and we can fight for pole and the win. A win and a podium at Japan and Korea will make things very tough for the other contenders.

Can't leave off without commenting on the increasing and endless whining coming from Button - and he just won't stop, in the car, at the weigh in.

Excellent drive by Di Resta - will have done his chances of moving to a top team no harm at all.

Handy effort again by Kimi and nice team orders from Lotus. Well done and keeping them in the hunt.

He seemed to be moaning about the car all weekend even though he had qualified OK despite that.

As Jeremy Clarkson would say "Typical racing driver excuses"

Martin Whitmarsh confirmed after the race that the Gearbox was checked on Saturday Night and had no damage from the tap to the wall, so it wasnt Lewis' fault.

Not exactly. Whitmarsh said he didnt think it would have caused it because the hit was not big enough and that they ran diagnostics on the suspension; but it wasn't the suspension that failed.

I've never said it was the hit that caused it. I did say you never know. And Lewis complained very early about a problem in the rear right.

To be honest, i dont even know why this should even be an issue. The pts are lost no matter what.
Well that was worth recording and rushing back to watch.

It was wasn't it? After a slow start it picked up.

After a reasonable start it hit rock bottom!
I just noticed from the forumula news that marussia is now in 10th!! WOW :eek: Didn't think we'd be seeing that now, did we?!

Yeah, the Sky commentators picked it up when the race was still on good on them.

Should shut a few idiots here who say Marussia are just wasting their time in F1 now shouldn't it?
Well that was worth recording and rushing back to watch.

It was wasn't it? After a slow start it picked up.

After a reasonable start it hit rock bottom!

After a terrible stat it hit an unpredicted high.

I just noticed from the forumula news that marussia is now in 10th!! WOW :eek: Didn't think we'd be seeing that now, did we?!

It won't last. They'll be back to dicing with HRTs. Caterham seem to have a few interesting developments for the next few races which are expected to improve things.

Yeah, the Sky commentators picked it up when the race was still on good on them.

Should shut a few idiots here who say Marussia are just wasting their time in F1 now shouldn't it?

Well, this should be the first season that Marussia have beaten HRT in the WCC. (I say that before people start bashing HRT also). I've never agreed with the bashing that goes on with regard to the three new teams. I have my fingers crossed they'll stay and keep improving. The more teams the merrier IMO.
It shows how unfair the system is for teams who will never score points in a season, one good result due to other cars retiring will work out more than an average of higher finishes: e.g. Caternham V Marussia. It really should be done for average position.
It shows how unfair the system is for teams who will never score points in a season, one good result due to other cars retiring will work out more than an average of higher finishes: e.g. Caternham V Marussia. It really should be done for average position.

By your logic: let's say Caterham always finishes around 11th or 12th, however, one race Marussia (who usually finishes 12th or 13th) gets a point for finishing 10th. So, should we still average those results? And if not, what's your reasoning? And if yes, then we might as well do it for everybody up to the pointy end of the grid...

By your logic: let's say Caterham always finishes around 11th or 12th, however, one race Marussia (who usually finishes 12th or 13th) gets a point for finishing 10th. So, should we still average those results? And if not, what's your reasoning? And if yes, then we might as well do it for everybody up to the pointy end of the grid...

Actually, I'd like all positions save last to be points scored. You are correct though, averaging positions would be inconsistent with a team who gets one point to automatically come on top.

Actually, I'd like all positions save last to be points scored. You are correct though, averaging positions would be inconsistent with a team who gets one point to automatically come on top.

it is almost as if someone has already done that and look at the bashing they got.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12024

See our F1 related articles too!