FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
You were supportive of Maldonado in his wrecking crew days, why is Grosjean different?

I mean not that I'm defending Grosjean, just more a question as to why you see it differently than someone that used an F1 car as an assault weapon.
By Jabberwocky
Grojean is in his 3rd season. He should of matured by now

Sent from Turing Colossus using Tapatalk 2
By SingaporeSling
I think he had his chance last season. He missed it by loosing to Kimi by a mile in everything except qualification in the first half of the season. and Kimi has always been pretty average in quali laps.
Team realized that he can't get the car to finish line, and started developing next years car towards the driving style of the driver who gets them points. Now his simply going more downhill, and well I don't really feel sorry, there are lot of good drivers who don't get a seat in a reasonable car for a single season, so why should someone give a seat to guy who just crashes them around for no real reason.

I'm not saying his a lost case, he could certainly improve but he hasn't shown much maturing this year.
By darwin dali
ESPNF1:
"I'll sit down with him and let's go through the weekend. Obviously it's always the same story - especially in Monaco - he had the pace. We could see it, so it's even more frustrating because of that. Thursday's accident didn't help but it happened. The rest of the story went worse on Saturday morning.

"Building his frustration was again Ricciardo which didn't allow him to complete the Q2 like he should have done and ended up 13th on the grid just to finish his frustration. So I think we just need to cool him down and have a proper discussion when we're back in the factory."

However, Boullier insisted he felt the weekend was just a one-off and not Grosjean slipping back in to the bad habits of 2012.

"It's not a worry, he did a great job over the winter and fixed all the problems he had last year. So it's just some frustration sometimes when he knows he can be fast and he just needs to build himself up saying he is fast and he can deliver some big results. He did it in Bahrain, he was on the way to doing it in Barcelona, so it's just not losing the momentum and making sure he's back on track with the real expectation."

Asked if he had considered substituting reserve driver Davide Valsecchi in to Grosjean's seat for a race, Boullier replied: "Not yet."

There's light at the end of the tunnel :thumbup:
By SingaporeSling

Asked if he had considered substituting reserve driver Davide Valsecchi in to Grosjean's seat for a race, Boullier replied: "Not yet."

There's light at the end of the tunnel :thumbup:

Not yet considered or not yet substituting? Official support talk from boss is great, but I think his time is up if not mid-season by the end of it. Unless of course he starts doing Piquet Jr kind of services in support of Kimi's season. :twisted: all it needs is one of those classy overtaking moves on Vettel and its even with points.
By andrew
You were supportive of Maldonado in his wrecking crew days, why is Grosjean different?

I mean not that I'm defending Grosjean, just more a question as to why you see it differently than someone that used an F1 car as an assault weapon.

Grosjean hasn't learnt, Maldo has. Grosjean is more experienced in an F1 car and is just as much a danger as he has been right from when he took out Button at Spa in 2009.
By vaptin
In Monaco, he was very fast but quite often out of control. Four crashes in one weekend is totally unacceptable. We hear Grosjean is on a kind of probationary contract that is reviewed every so often and that the next review date is coming up.
I don't want to beat up on the kid because he is clearly a nice guy and he has good speed, but he is having too many incidents for it to be always someone else's fault or always unlucky.
Having good speed is not enough. You have to be able to harness that speed.
Through the history of the sport there have always been guys who 'could have, would have, should have' and had everything potentially there but weren't able to bring it all together.
Unless he can find the right balance between speed and caution, Grosjean is heading that way too.
David Coulthard

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22678909

Quite apt I think, lets put Binachi in that car :D
By NHcheese
How fast must he be going to crash into the back of that Torro Rosso, he just had to turn left and he would have past, but his reaction was so slow and I think that his reaction time is a fraction off other drivers which is why in the heat of the moment he crashes all the time.
By vaptin
How fast must he be going to crash into the back of that Torro Rosso, he just had to turn left and he would have past, but his reaction was so slow and I think that his reaction time is a fraction off other drivers which is why in the heat of the moment he crashes all the time.

I think his mental reaction time is too impulsive / slower (when he manually tries to correct the impulsiveness) but his technical reaction time, is perfectly quick.
By Jabberwocky
You mean he has lost confidence in his reactions so is overthinking wjat is happening

By vaptin
You mean he has lost confidence in his reactions so is overthinking wjat is happening

Yeah, his natural movements just end up side-swiping someone as shown last year,

Basically, he needs to "calm down" properly, he was really "twtichy" last year I think, in an effort to impress and nerves at being in F1 and stuff, now he is over-compensating.

It's like one day, you get careless, make a mistake through rushing, the next time you take far longer than you need to. I think.

I think starting in a smaller team, would have done him a lot of good.

Maybe Binachi is actually lucky in that sense.
By darwin dali

Yeah, his natural movements just end up side-swiping someone as shown last year,

Basically, he needs to "calm down" properly, he was really "twtichy" last year I think, in an effort to impress and nerves at being in F1 and stuff, now he is over-compensating.

It's like one day, you get careless, make a mistake through rushing, the next time you take far longer than you need to. I think.

I think starting in a smaller team, would have done him a lot of good.

Maybe Binachi is actually lucky in that sense.

Dr. DD prescribes
By LewEngBridewell
^^ I was expecting something far worse.

:rofl:

See our F1 related articles too!