FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LewEngBridewell
Romain Grosjean has been given a one-race ban for triggering the Belgian Grand Prix start crash.

The Lotus driver moved across on Lewis Hamilton on the run towards the first corner of the Spa race, causing the McLaren to take to the grass.

The two cars then made contact and ploughed into Fernando Alonso's Ferrari and the two Saubers.

Grosjean said he could not be sure who had caused the crash.

"[I had] a very good start and then boom - it was the end of the race. I haven't seen the images and I need to see them to have any point of view," he said.

"But the main thing is that everybody is OK. That is the most important for me."

But the Frenchman was widely held responsible and has now been given a one-race ban for next week's Italian GP.

Lotus has former Virgin racer Jerome D'Ambrosio as a reserve driver.
By vlad
So, Jerome driving once again?
And what is the source of this news?
By LewEngBridewell
So, Jerome driving once again?
And what is the source of this news?

twitter, autosport, BBC.
By Nin-Chin
HAHA WTF :yikes::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::eek::hehe::director:
By andrew
1 race?! Should fire him from a canon to the moon where he can't do any damage!

On second thoughts he'd probably crash the moon as well.
By LewEngBridewell
Who would people like to see replace Grosjean for Monza?
By Nin-Chin
I guess by this Grosjean is worse than Maldonado!
By Hammer278
I guess he's not rich enough to escape.

My thoughts exactly. Not that Grosjean doesn't deserve this, but Maldo's been a lot more consistent in his f**k ups.

I think maybe this time since Lord Alonso was affected, the F1 world has been rocked into giving the perpetrator a lesson.
By LewEngBridewell

His offence this weekend was certainly worse. But they're both consistently causing problems, for themselves, for their teams and for everyone else.
By darwin dali

His offence this weekend was certainly worse. But they're both consistently causing problems, for themselves, for their teams and for everyone else.

Ok, let's vote them off the island then? :wink:
By LewEngBridewell
I hope Grosjean doesn't read the messages going to his twitter account................ they're quite...... well....... poisonous........

See our F1 related articles too!