FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
Adrian's plan "B" is for Vettel to use a bendy straw built into his helmet... he will blow really really hard into it during slow and mid speed corners.
From what Ted Kravitz was saying; I would class him as a somewhat knowledgeable person in F1 circles; Red Bull got off on a technicality; a "loophole", which will be closed by the FIA by the next race; if not the next race, it'll be closed for Spa in five weeks time. Christian Horner can go on about the spirit of the rules all he likes, but his team are the worst culprits for breaking the spirit of the rules. It's fine when it suits Dr. Marko and Horner, but when it goes against them, they cry fowl... I'm going to start calling them Angry Bird F1!!!
Adrian's plan "B" is for Vettel to use a bendy straw built into his helmet... he will blow really really hard into it during slow and mid speed corners.

It'll be interesting to hear what Helmut's got to say. Should be plenty hot air there too.
By andrew
Oh look - innovation and exploiting a loophole! Let's come down on it like a ton of bricks rather than saying well doen and let the other teams catch up. The FiA are ruining this sport. Be aswell make it a spec. series - it isn't far off it!

Seems to be every time Red Bull finds a loophole the FiA are foced to close it by what appears to be pressure from other teams. What happened to teh days of if you can't beat 'em join 'em?
Oh look - innovation and exploiting a loophole! Let's come down on it like a ton of bricks rather than saying well doen and let the other teams catch up. The FiA are ruining this sport. Be aswell make it a spec. series - it isn't far off it!

Seems to be every time Red Bull finds a loophole the FiA are foced to close it by what appears to be pressure from other teams. What happened to teh days of if you can't beat 'em join 'em?

Maybe if Christian Horner didn't keeping on bleating on about other teams not following the spirit of the rules, maybe other teams would leave Red Bull alone; Horner is quite happy to advocate abiding by the spirit of the rules until it goes against Red Bull, suddenly he wants hard and fast rules, Horner can not have his cake and eat it! Clearly you didn't see the massive hole that he dug for himself in the Sky Sports F1 interview on Sunday after the race.
By andrew
I didn't see the Sky interview but Horner is a bit of a tit. He's not the first team manager to speak like he does though. Used to be Domenicalli that gurned like Horner about the spirit of the rules etc etc.

But the heavy handed nature of the FiA these days is really getting too much. Like I said, be aswell make it a spec. series.
By vlad
Every single thing that Ferrari didn't come up with was banned... I'm just saying...
By andrew
I wouldn't just limit that to Ferrari. There are other teams who are known to bump their gums and pout until innovation is banned or loopholes are closed.
By andrew
I'll stop you there before you come out with the FiArrari bovine manure. It's a load of rubbish and always annoys the heck out of me.

The problem as I see it is that is a couple of teams shout loud enough the FiA buckle. The FiA should grow a pair and tell certain teams to dry their eyes and get on with it rather than nit-picking.
I don't see the problem with closing a loophole in order to enforce the original intention of a rule, I don't have any problem with teams exploiting such loopholes but they know they're going against the original intention and there shouldn't be any complaints if they're closed.
By andrew
If the FiA and certain teams are going to get upset so easily then the rules sholdn't be based on "intentions" nor should they be so easily open to interpretation. The solution is to have total clarity so there can be no dubiety.
By LRW
Looks like the FiA have now outlawed the cheating redbullers..... :wink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18986375

Formula 1 bosses have introduced a rule change to outlaw controversial engine settings on the Red Bull.

The issue, which blew up at the German Grand Prix, surrounds settings that ran counter to the intention of the rules, improving cornering performance.

Red Bull were cleared by race stewards because they said the settings did not break the rules as they were written.

The new ruling limits how much teams can change specific settings and applies from the Hungarian Grand Prix.

More to follow.

See our F1 related articles too!