Getting a overview of the technical differences of the cars

Dedicated to technical discussion...
neigaard

Getting a overview of the technical differences of the cars

Postby neigaard »

Hi,

Im new to the sport, and I have been looking for a site or sites where I can read about the different cars and get a overview of the differences between them and what the ideas are behind the different teams design decisions. Of course much is secret, but some must be known, right?

Can you guys push me in the right direction here? Where are some good places to get a overview of the different cars and the differences between them?

Thank you
Søren
scotty
Favourite Driver: My GCSE Chemistry Teacher John Driver

Re: Getting a overview of the technical differences of the c

Postby scotty »

There are many places and many, many resources for this, including F1Technical, my general source for photos of car upgrades. Scarbs' blog is quite good too. The official F1 site has some good (but short) posts with a summary of some new parts on some of the cars, with useful sketches to demonstrate the theories - at this link.
Rising number one of Formula 1, Juan - Juan, one wonders should Juan only win one Formula 1 one year, would Juan have won that one in round one, Juan??
What's Burning?
Banned
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton, Nico Hulkenberg
Favourite Team: Porsche North America, Porsche LMP1

Postby What's Burning? »

Welcome, and I second what ^^ he said. There's also a good amount of tech info on our site on some of the tech threads, by some very knowlegeable members on engine, DRS, tires EBD and who knows what else.
"I don't want to be part of a forum where everyone has differing opinions." Boom...
madbrad

Postby madbrad »

Not exactly current but if you read The Chariot Makers by Steve Matchett, you'd get a good overall feel for the ethos that drives the black art of F1 racecar design. Even adding to that his other books you would have a well rounded knowledge base to guide you.
sent from my supercray using assembler.

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
neigaard

Postby neigaard »

Thank you guys :) For a newbie to the sport I find it quite hard to get a overview of the differences on the cars, it seems the information is very fragmented and I have to try and gather my own overview by reading the many fragments. I will do my best and see if I can make head and tail of things :)

/Søren
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Postby Jabberwocky »

Feel free to ask away mate, I am sure we can all have a pop at the answer :-)
A racing car that does not win, is just art
MACH141

Postby MACH141 »

I use this website and its give you very good information about Formula 1 cars and equipment.

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/