FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LRW
Ive really lost faith in PDR. He hasnt shown anything amazing over the last few years, even considering the car he is in.

Then again, he still has occasional flashes of brilliance. Abu Dhabi was a great race for him. One therefore asks the question; why does it not happen more often? :scratchchin:

Nursing his tyres and doing a dull 'one stop'. Not an easy task, I grant you, and not something all drivers can do at the moment. But not exactly a 'flash of brilliance' either.

That's how Perez got his good results for Sauber last year.

Yeah, and look at him now. Rubbish.

Apparently.
By acosmichippo
I don't know if I'd peg him as a simple tire saver. That's a strength of the car that FI is doubling down on. We don't really know how much of a say in the matter Paul had.
By Hammer278
Rafael Ramírez, Minister of Petroleum and Mining and President of PDVSA, confirmed yesterday at a press conference that the company withdrew its sponsorship of Team Williams and Pastor Maldonado will go to Lotus in 2014.

"The team is changing and what is working is to go with the Lotus", the minister said. "To us what interests us is not the Williams Pastor Maldonado."

"For a couple of months was in talks with Williams and wanted to leave. I'm happy I did. It was my decision, "said Maldonado, quoted by Autosport website. "In Singapore, I decided to leave, because I'm not happy enough with the team."

The Venezuelan, who won a race in three years with the team (in 2012, in Barcelona) and add just one point this season, did not hide the reasons that led him to say goodbye to Williams, who announced to Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa in the template.

"I think the team gave more than they got me," he said. "We got a win, we get very good results last year and even this year and we had sprints, but that's not all. I expect a lot more of Formula 1 ".

The aragüeño would not confirm his arrival Lotus: "We have spoken with Lotus but I have a couple of options. We are working on it. I hope to have a final decision soon. "

Translated from Spanish, but it's looking bad.

[youtube]fRlMEWpNG3c[/youtube]
The Hulk is going back to FI along with Sutil.

Ughhh what a tedious waste of great talent, having his career drain away by touring around the midfield and not being allowed to ascend the ladder. :thumbdown:
By LRW

Ughhh what a tedious waste of great talent, having his career drain away by touring around the midfield and not being allowed to ascend the ladder. :thumbdown:

Dont Panic!!

Thats a guess. Not a fact.
By 1Lemon

Dont Panic!!

Thats a guess. Not a fact.

Otherwise Paul would be in trouble...And he's not right... Guys....
By Hammer278
Paul WHO.

Personally, I don't think anyone's going to miss him if he leaves....people care more about Hulkenberg and freakin Perez getting a drive at this stage. And dear old Maldo, who we all love to death.
By LiamCatterson
Pastor is just digging himself a bigger hole he won't be able to climb out of. Now accusing Williams of sabotaging his car...

And Lotus are eager to bring him aboard WHY? Screw money, if this was me, I wouldn't bring him aboard if one day he'll make these hostile comments about my team possibly
By LRW
If it was me, is sack Maldonado for gross misconduct. Stick him on the first plane outta Texas. Cattle Class seat.
By racechick
I thought Claire was very restrained ( on Sky) when they played the interview to her that Maldonado had given. What an arse!
By Jabberwocky
Pastor is an idiot.

Thats the undeniable truth. Lock the thread its done.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By 1Lemon
I think someone is playing with the [tyre] pressure and temperatures in my car.

Yeah, you, because you can't drive it properly.. Moron.

Why don't we all start bad mouthing our team that gave us our break into F1 for three years, even though you've caused £100,00's worth of damage to your car and others through bad, or intentionally dangerous driving; then claim their sabotaging your car because you're leaving. Now Williams have motivation to sabotage it.
By Hammer278
Agreed, Pastor is a d!ck and a Diva and an a$$hole.

Reminding F1 of VERY SIMILAR excuses/helmet banging of an ex-McLaren driver after qualifying in China 2007. :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!