FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I think the only reason he's managed to stay somwhat out of trouble this year has been because he's been towards the bottom third of the grid always so not much chance to cause visible carnage but he hasn't chance and yeah, I'll be glad if he's left without a seat next year.

:pray: Please sweet baby Jesus, don't let him get the Lotus seat.
By Jabberwocky
He has stayed out of trouble because everyone has cleared turn 1 by the time he gets there

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
By LRW
Of course, as much as I dislike the guy, I think FI should take him over the Lily-Livered Scotsman they currently have....
By LRW
Ive really lost faith in PDR. He hasnt shown anything amazing over the last few years, even considering the car he is in.

So whilst PM might not be an improvement as such, I think FI need to try something new. And I do feel PM has more speed than PDR.
Ive really lost faith in PDR. He hasnt shown anything amazing over the last few years, even considering the car he is in.

Then again, he still has occasional flashes of brilliance. Abu Dhabi was a great race for him. One therefore asks the question; why does it not happen more often? :scratchchin:
By LRW

Then again, he still has occasional flashes of brilliance. Abu Dhabi was a great race for him. One therefore asks the question; why does it not happen more often? :scratchchin:

Nursing his tyres and doing a dull 'one stop'. Not an easy task, I grant you, and not something all drivers can do at the moment. But not exactly a 'flash of brilliance' either.
By acosmichippo
To me, Force India just seem like an inherently inconsistent team. Strategy errors, poor development, procedural errors (remember early season with their pit stops retiring both cars), etc... One week both drivers will score points, and the next they'll not make it out of Q3 and finish laps behind, if at all.
Last edited by acosmichippo on 15 Nov 13, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
By 1Lemon
To me, Force India just seem like an inherently inconsistent team. Strategy errors, poor development, procedural errors (remember early season with their pit stops retiring both cars), etc... One week both drivers will score points, and the next they'll not make it out of Q3 and finish laps behind.

Yeah, I think it makes the drivers look inconsistent too.
By Denthúl
Rafael Ramírez, Minister of Petroleum and Mining and President of PDVSA, confirmed yesterday at a press conference that the company withdrew its sponsorship of Team Williams and Pastor Maldonado will go to Lotus in 2014.

"The team is changing and what is working is to go with the Lotus", the minister said. "To us what interests us is not the Williams Pastor Maldonado."

"For a couple of months was in talks with Williams and wanted to leave. I'm happy I did. It was my decision, "said Maldonado, quoted by Autosport website. "In Singapore, I decided to leave, because I'm not happy enough with the team."

The Venezuelan, who won a race in three years with the team (in 2012, in Barcelona) and add just one point this season, did not hide the reasons that led him to say goodbye to Williams, who announced to Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa in the template.

"I think the team gave more than they got me," he said. "We got a win, we get very good results last year and even this year and we had sprints, but that's not all. I expect a lot more of Formula 1 ".

The aragüeño would not confirm his arrival Lotus: "We have spoken with Lotus but I have a couple of options. We are working on it. I hope to have a final decision soon. "

Translated from Spanish, but it's looking bad.

Nursing his tyres and doing a dull 'one stop'. Not an easy task, I grant you, and not something all drivers can do at the moment. But not exactly a 'flash of brilliance' either.

That's how Perez got his good results for Sauber last year.

See our F1 related articles too!